Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ML 350 G3 login issue

Constance Park
Occasional Visitor

ML 350 G3 login issue

Hi,

recently, I wanted to perform some MS updates on our NT 40 sp6a server. I rebooted first to make sure I got a clean reboot. During that process, I realized that one of the hard drives died and that the hot spare went into action. Fine, I continued to reboot without recovery. I installed all the MS patches and rebooted. Logged in fine. I proceeded to install the windows based Compaq Array Diagnostic utility (because I wanted to see what was going on with the array). This did not seem to work for whatever reason (I never rebooted after this install because it never asked for a reboot - may have been a mistake). So I installed the Support Pack 6.30A. This is where the problems started. The array diagnostics still didn't work so I rebooted. Once I rebooted and tried to login, the server froze. I could not get to the desktop at all. It froze the mouse and the keyboard. All the services come up fine, users can login to the domain (it is a PDC), users can access all the shared drives etc. There is nothing in the error logs. I looked at the compaq install log of the support paq and there is one error with installing the Compaq Web Agent as follows:

File Copy Error : C:\WINNT\System32\msvcrt.dll

That's all I can find.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Constance
1 REPLY
Prashant (I am Back)
Honored Contributor

Re: ML 350 G3 login issue

Hi,

since our server is running with our services on. We can try to open the webmanagement agent to look for the iml log on same server. It might report any sort of applicaiton crash ( Bug Check Error ) or any hardware error on same server.

Regards,
Prashant S.
Nothing is impossible