1753956 Members
7314 Online
108811 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: ML 350 G4 and hot plug SSCI troubles

gilisa

ML 350 G4 and hot plug SSCI troubles

Hi,
Wi have a server ML 350 G4 with 6 SCSI disk hot plug/hot swap. 2 fist disk are configured en raid mirror (system boot disk) the other 3 disks are configured on riad 5 the last one is in space in case of on disk is down.
On my raid 5 on disk is broken, I remove it and I plug spare disk. But it seems the raid 5 is not rebuilded when this new disk.
Do I have to do something to rebuild my raid 5 ? Or do I have a failure on my server ?
Regards.
GG.
4 REPLIES 4
TTr
Honored Contributor

> On my raid 5 on disk is broken, I remove it and I plug spare disk.

You don't touch the spare disk. It usually gets used automatically by the raid controller when a disk fails. Most likely the spare disk was in use and you did not have to move any disks around. All you needed to do was to get a new disk to replace the failed one. Now you probably have a missing disk as well in the raid5 group.

Check the disk status with ACU and see which disks are in use/missing/failed etc. You need to get a new disk to replace the failed one.
gilisa

Hi,

I cannot run ACU from Windows 2003 Server, do I have to run ACU from the CD setup

GGG.
TTr
Honored Contributor

Why do you say you can not run it? Is it not installed? You can install it from the setup CD or download it from HP.
gilisa

Hi,

it is installed, but I have an error when I try to run it. I have a message that ACU is running all ready. :(
Regards.
GG.