HPE Community read-only access December 15, 2018
This is a maintenance upgrade. You will be able to read articles and posts, but not post or reply.
Hours:
Dec 15, 4:00 am to 10:00 am UTC
Dec 14, 10:00 pm CST to Dec 15, 4:00 am CST
Dec 14, 8:00 pm PST to Dec 15, 2:00 am PST
ProLiant Servers (ML,DL,SL)
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ML 350 G4 server doesn't power up,

andersonpaul
Occasional Visitor

ML 350 G4 server doesn't power up,

Yesterday my server started beeping and one of the lights was red.  when I turned power off and back on again, it sounds like it is going to power on (fans go into high rev, but then never go down.  I get no display, no beeps, nothing.  On the mother board there is a series of 8 little green led's that  blink in a procession, they stop with 3 of them being lit ( from the rear of the case moving forward, they would be 3,7, and 8).  there are no red led's, and there are 2 other green led's when I turn it on. 1 by the power cable nearest the back, and at the rear of the motherboard, right by the 2nd expansion slot (from top).  Does anyone have any idea?

thanks,

paul

1 REPLY
andersonpaul
Occasional Visitor

Re: ML 350 G4 server doesn't power up,

just noticed that it is actually a G4p, if that makes any difference?  Does anyone know the difference between a G4 and G4p?  would it work if I took the drives out of a G4p and put them into a G4? or is the hardware that much difference (Windows 2003 32bit OS). 

Thanks for any help!

paul