1747990 Members
5015 Online
108756 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

ML 350 G4

Jasminder

ML 350 G4

HP Proliant ML 350 G4 - worked for about 2 weeks with Windows Small Business Server, suddenly today morning the server was down. Two red lights (on the squgly (the middle led on the front panel) and the boxes squgly were on). No effect on the pressing the power button. After disconnecting power cable completely from the UPS and reconnecting - the amber on power came up. On pressing the power button the red light on the middle led (with a squgly) comes up and the server does not power on. Anyone experienced similar problem - after the new power box comes in and plugged what else could have gone bad?

Thanks,

Jasminder
3 REPLIES 3
Alexandre Neveu

Re: ML 350 G4

i got the same problem but i remove the power supplie and put it back and it restarted
chuyongho
Advisor

The middle Led on the front panel is external health led. External led indicates usually power supply problem.
I suggest to check the power supply or to replace power supply.
Jasminder

Thanks for your replies - first thing was the power supply. Once power supply was replaced under the Basic 3 year warranty (the next day response or best effort from HP), the server booted up (no more red light(s)).

I was expecting more trouble at this point because the UPS and all other equipment had been working fine, so the assumption was that the problem started inside the Server which resulted in the power supply going bad. Luckily, no other problem arose and the server has been working now for 24 hours with the new power supply.

Next the question arises, do I buy the HP Care Pack to enhance the basic 3 year warranty with care pack options like "24x7x365 4hour response" or "24x7 6 hour repair". On the other hand, get a redundant power supply, or better get redundant everything. Where do you stop or draw the line?

Thank you for your input,

Jasminder