Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ML 350 G5 Power Failure over one Redundant Power supply

SOLVED
Go to solution
Miguel de la Garza
Occasional Visitor

ML 350 G5 Power Failure over one Redundant Power supply

Hi have a ML350 G5, some times power fails over one of two redundant power supply units, and server becomes on stand by mode, all front panel leds are green, but one of them(power supply) is orange & flashes, sistem appear to have power, none of fans are on, and also all discks are of, just ethernet an ilo2 are on, i can acces ilo2 panel and on power status it displays "Stand By" but y press te button and nothing happends.....

Can any budy tell me how tu resume this status to normal operation??

Thanks

Sorry for my typing, my english is not so well at this time...

Cheers from Mexico..
6 REPLIES
Víctor Cespón
Honored Contributor

Re: ML 350 G5 Power Failure over one Redundant Power supply

Request the replacement of both power supplies and power supply backplane. There's a high rate of failure in this model and others (DL380 G5, ML370 G5, ....) that use the same power supplies.
Miguel de la Garza
Occasional Visitor

Thanks for your answer

i think my problem is not hardware, because both power suppli work fine, problem is when lets say i intentionally disconect one of the two power supply, it supposed that server has to be still on and working, but real thing is that server goes to stand by mode....
~sesh
Esteemed Contributor

Hmm.. you could try updating the firmware (System ROM etc.) using the firmware maintenance cd.

http://h18023.www1.hp.com/support/files/server/us/download/28059.html
Miguel de la Garza
Occasional Visitor

Thanks for your answer

do this firmware upgrade represents some risk to my actual configuration ??

i mean this is a 100% productive server and it cant go off line more than 10 minutes... or have to make a disk format or installing O.S again....
~sesh
Esteemed Contributor
Solution

The firmware upgrade using the firmware maintenance does not present any threat to your data or configuration.

It may take more than 10 minutes to boot & upgrade the firmware using the CD, so please allow atleast 30 minute downtime whenever possible.
Miguel de la Garza
Occasional Visitor

Again, thanks for your help

i will try this, and post here if still have any problems...

Best Regards
Miguel