ProLiant Servers (ML,DL,SL)
1747980 Members
4404 Online
108756 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: ML 350 G5 Proliant server error 1615-Power supply failure or Power supply unplugged in bay 1

SOLVED
Go to solution
Chui Kock You_1
Frequent Advisor

ML 350 G5 Proliant server error 1615-Power supply failure or Power supply unplugged in bay 1

Hi There,

I'm having a very annoying problem here with my ML350 G5 Proliant server.

ML350 is plugged on an third party UPS (which been tested with no problem at all on another computer) and i have 2 redundant power supplies.

I noticed one of the power supplies leds are green and another power supplies led are off (while the server is still on).

After i restarted the server (nothing wrong with the booting of Windows 2003 32 R2 Standard Edition), system log shows 2 errors:

First one is: POST Error 1615-Power supply failure or Power supply unplugged in bay 1.

And: POST Error Power supply Solution not fully redundant.

I've also run the hp insight diagnostics, but it still show the power supply failure on bay 1.

I've try to put a new power supply unit, but the problem persists... what can I do to resolve my problem??

Attach is the hp diagnostics log as shown below.

Regards,
Chui

4 REPLIES 4
Trygve Henriksen
Respected Contributor
Solution

Re: ML 350 G5 Proliant server error 1615-Power supply failure or Power supply unplugged in bay 1

Have you checked that the power actually reaches the PSU?
(Unplug the cable from the PSU and use a voltmeter to measure across the terminals, or plugging it into something else to see if it powers it up?)

Or if you have the possiblity to shut down the server for a few minutes, try swapping the leads to the PSUs...
Chui Kock You_1
Frequent Advisor

Hi Trygve,

I don't have the multimeter to test the power supply.

Shutdown the server. Unplugged the power cable. Replace the new power supply in bay 1. Power up the server. The power supply led on bay 1 is green. Bay 2 led is off. Shutdown the server again. Swap the power supply by unplugged from bay 2. Insert it into bay 1. Power up the server. Power supply led in bay 2 is green.
Bay 1 led is off.

Is it cause by the firmware need to upgrade or power surge.

Any idea?

Regards,
Chui
Trygve Henriksen
Respected Contributor

Try swapping just the cables, or unplugging the cable that goes to the PSU that's 'dark' and plugging something else into it to see if there's power.

You most probably have a broken or loose cable somewhere.
cnb
Honored Contributor

As stated earlier, swap the AC power supply cables, then the system Power Supply Backplane would be suspect:

http://bizsupport2.austin.hp.com/bc/docs/support/SupportManual/c00708990/c00708990.pdf

Check the system board LEDs.

Rgds,