ProLiant Servers (ML,DL,SL)
1748038 Members
5098 Online
108757 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: ML 350 G6 hard drives working strange?

SOLVED
Go to solution
Daniel Nikolov

ML 350 G6 hard drives working strange?

I have recently installed a HP ProLiant Ml 350 G6 Server - 470065-164, with 4 hard drives HP 146GB Pluggable SAS SFF 10,000 rpm Dual-Port Universal Hard Drive - 418367-B21.Unfortunately one of the hard drive is running on 3G/s and the other three of them on 6G/s. Hard drives are being managed from a Smart Array P410i.
Please help me find a solution for this issue.
Thank you.
Please find attached a screen that might be helpful.

6 REPLIES 6
TTr
Honored Contributor

If you can shutdown the server, power off the server and reseat the drive, pull it out and reinsert it firmly in the slot. If you pull out the drive it most likely initiate a drive fail and array rebuild process.

While you have the drive out verify it is a dual port drive.

If all else fails you may have to replace the drive or the drive backplane.

TTr
Honored Contributor

The above should read,

If you pull out the drive *when the server is running* it most likely initiate a drive fail and array rebuild process.
Daniel Nikolov

We have tried both of the proposed solutions. Unfortunately we didn't had any luck in solving this issue.
The initiated raid check finished with displaying that one of the hard drives is working on 3GB/s.
is there anything else we can try ?
TTr
Honored Contributor
Solution

Did you check the 3Gb drive to verify it is a dual port drive? You may have to check the actual disk product number not the disk pack (disk with bracket). Do you have a spare drive to put in its place?

If the server is under HP support, ask for a replacement drive. Or you may have to get one yourself.
Daniel Nikolov

We have checked the drive and it is a dual port, please find a link http://www.sillworks.com/product_info.php?products_id=455135
Unfortunately I do not have a spare drive to test.
Well the server is brand new and it has 3 years on site support. I think I should ask for a replacement drive or to swap this faulty one.

Thank you for your time and guidance.
Regards
Daniel Nikolov

Thank you for your help.
By the looks of it the drive just came faulty.
Anyway thank you for your effort.
Regards