108759 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: ML 350 descriptions

SOLVED
Go to solution
Jerry Leinsing
Frequent Advisor

ML 350 descriptions

No where does it mention that it does/does not come with a parallel port as standard. I see one in a picture. We need this for a security dongle. Where can I find written detailed specs?

lso when you select on Manuals for the ML350, you don't get to the manuals that come with the server. Are they anywhere else?
4 REPLIES 4
Terri Harris
Honored Contributor

Is this a ML350 (G1), G2, or G3?
Jerry Leinsing
Frequent Advisor

Thanks for help offer
We are recommending a server to our customer and a ML350 G2 or G3 would do.
Some of the servers are not including 'legacy' components like a parallel port. We need to have it on a spec somewhere otherwise it may cost extra for a card or the server will be useless to us.

Also, Regardless of model, do you know where the manuals are really kept?
Terri Harris
Honored Contributor
Solution

The "Quick Specs" for a given Proliant SHOULD appear in the manuals, this is actually the best single reference for technical specifications. But you are quite right, they do not. I've already submitted a request to get this corrected.
To take care of your specific need now:

1. Both the ML350 G2 & G3 do have a parallel port included.

2. QuickSpecs for ML350 G3:

http://h18004.www1.hp.com/products/servers/proliantml350/index.html (select QUICK SPECS on the right).

3. QuickSpecs for ML350 G2: http://h18004.www1.hp.com/products/servers/proliantml350/description-G2.html

Let us know if you have any other questions.
Jerry Leinsing
Frequent Advisor

Terri Harris pointed me to exactly what we needed. Calling this QuickSpecs is a misnomer because they are very detailed and informative. Only thing that would have been nice (extra) would be picture of back and motherboard.