1753534 Members
5119 Online
108795 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: ML 370 G3 light blinking

Jorge G
Advisor

ML 370 G3 light blinking

Suddenly the second light of the front of my ML 370 server (it has tree light indicators) started blinking (green-amber-green-amber).
I checked the log and I noticed I "power not redudant". I checked the rear of the server and I noticed that the secondary power supply was blinking too.

It is a new server connected to an UPS. It used to work OK (no blinking lights) and I didn't install anything.

Any ideas?
5 REPLIES 5
chongkan
Trusted Contributor

Hi

That is a warning light and it means what it means... try reseating the power supply and cables, if it doesnt work then get a new power supply (500w)

If server is under warranty: Call HP support to get a spare (230993-001), if not, call: 1-800 2278164 wich is HP Parts Store to get an Option (225075-001)

If you have another ML370 G3, try switching one of the power supplies to see if the problem is PS or something else.

Regards.

Jorge G
Advisor

I called HP and they replaced the power supply, but after two weeks the same problem started again!!!

Now the other power supply is blinking!
I attach the log for you to see the events that are logged.

I also tried:
1) To change the power cords
2) To change the UPS

I really don't know what else to do!
Michael Richter
Trusted Contributor

i recommend to chrosschange the PSU to look if the failure is on the psu or on the Power supply backplane.

is the issue replicateable in a short time?
is there an UPS which is connected to the server?

Cheers
Michael

Jorge G
Advisor

1) Crosschanging does not resolve the problem as I tried it before.

2) Yes, there's and UPS connected via serial port. I tried connecting the server to and identical UPS and to a different UPS and the problem persists.

Other ideas?
The strange thing is that (if you read the log file I uploaded before) the problem is reported to the log, and then automatically checked as resolved (several times), until the last entried that are marked as "Caution"
Navaneeda Kumar
Frequent Advisor

Hi,

This seems that the Power back plane is not working. Try changing the Power back Palne. This will resolve your problem.

Thanks