1753943 Members
9426 Online
108811 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: ML 370 G5 Power Supply Problem

Dennis Rhine
Occasional Contributor

ML 370 G5 Power Supply Problem

I have two ML370 G5 servers that have started acting strangely and I cannot yet see how to fix. The problem started earlier this week when one of the servers failed. I unplugged the power cords and when I reseated them the system came back on and all appered to be working fine - until the next day when the server was running on only one of the two power supplies. Thinking that there was a failed power supply I removed one from a spare unit (we are waiting to install this second unit). There was no change to the system. Finally I powered down the system and replaced checked to ensure that the power cords were good (they were); that the power supplies were both properly seated (they were); and that there was good power to the system (it was).

Now I have one server that is running on one power supply and the other unit will not come on at all. When I try powering it up the lights flash for a minute and then all goes dark and the power light flashes for a few seconds. Any ideas what is causing these problems?
3 REPLIES 3
V├нctor Cesp├│n
Honored Contributor

ML370 G5 has the same power supply than the DL380 G5, ML350 G5 and DL385 G2. And, well, they fail often.
The server is under warranty, so request a replacement.
seehigh
Advisor

If you have another ML370 G5 you may swap the power supply backplane ... that could be the issue !
Terence Tsao
Frequent Advisor

If your power supply version is M03 or earlier, please contact HP to replace for free. It will cause system reboot.