ProLiant Servers (ML,DL,SL)
1753440 Members
4781 Online
108794 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: ML 370 OS load problems

Chris_781

ML 370 OS load problems

I'm having problems on the ML370 G4. When booting Windows 2003 server, it gets to "Starting Windows" and just freezes up. Smartstart cd gets to "loading drivers" and does not continue after that. The array controller also says no logical drives are present. I can't find a way to define a logical drive. Any ideas ?
4 REPLIES 4
Caster Troy
Regular Advisor

Hi Chris,
You need to provide some more detail about your server, which array controller are you using the 6402 or ultra320 and how many disks are being used, have you configured the array from the array configuration utility. note these details and hopefuly someone can help.
dont worry dude :)
Evil Has Its Winning Ways
Chris_781

It is the Ultra320, with 2 160gb SCSI disks. Also it's a smartarray 641 controller. Hope this is not too confusing, I have never worked on an HP server before. From what I have read on the net, the ORCA utility can be used to configure logical drives, I dont think it is available on this server though.
I am unable to configure any arrays with any utility!
Caster Troy
Regular Advisor

u mentioned a 641 Controller hence it must be inside the server in a PCI-X Slot. Make sure if the SCSI Cable from the Hard Disks Bay is connected to the connector on the 641 so that it can detect the Hard Disks. Once it is confirmed u can accept the Default Array Configuration of RAID1 as it will detect 2 Hard Disks. Otherwise u can configure the Array from the Smart Start by clicking on Array Configuration Utility. Hope this helps u and solves ur problem.
Evil Has Its Winning Ways
James McMillan_4
Occasional Advisor

I'm sure this has been solved by now but I thought I'd chip in for anyone else that has the issue..

You should find that upgrading the firmware for the 641 controller solves the problem - had this on several G4's..