ProLiant Servers (ML,DL,SL)
1752796 Members
5966 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: ML 370 Rebooting once a day

ML 370 Rebooting once a day

Hi. I have a ML 370 (either G2 or G3) and it is rebooting once a day. Most of the time it is in the evening, but sometimes it reboots more than once a day, and sometimes it is in the day as well. I have checked the system log. There is no record why the reboot took place. I am running Windows 2003. Can anybody help me?
5 REPLIES 5
David Claypool
Honored Contributor

When you say the 'system log,' do you mean the Windows Event Log? Have you checked the IML?
Carl_57
Occasional Contributor

Hi Leon
I'm afraid I don't have a solution, but you are not alone. I have roughly 35 of the G3 doing the same thing. They are running NetWare 6.0, up to date with HP and Novell patches. That said, we will be migrating to NW 6.5. HP Canada have been working on my case for a few months now.

What OS are you running? How old are your boxes? Our problems began after the servers were in service for 1 year.

I have not yet checked the IML. Will do that. The operating system is Windows 2003
NJK-Work
Honored Contributor

Hi Leon,

I had a strange problem with a DL380 G3 awhile back where it would reboot about once per day (sometimes more).

What I found was that the processor was bad - but more specifically the Hyperthreading option. If I turned off Hyperthreading in the System Configuration (at bootup) the server stopped crashing. I had HP replace the CPU, turned on HT and it has not crashed since.

Its a long shot, but you may want to try that just to eliminate that option.

Nelson

Thanks for advice so far. I really appreciate it. I will try everything and anything.... Thank you