1752802 Members
5664 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: ML 370 amber light on the second LED

vvii
Occasional Contributor

ML 370 amber light on the second LED

Just find that the second LED from the left is amber and from the documentation, all it said is the system health is degraded.

So what is this indicated?
7 REPLIES 7
Brian_Murdoch
Honored Contributor

Hi,

You don't mention which model of ML370 you have G2,G3,G4,G5 etc. however if the amber led is lit on the symbol of a heartbeat surrounded by a box then it's the internal health led.

Somewhere on the system board will be a cooresponding LED which is lit amber to indicate the internal component which has failed (It could also be a faulty fan).

If this is a Windows based system run the Integrated Management Log Viewer via Start-HP System Tools- Integrated Management Log Viewer. You should see a record of the problem in there. Otherwise take off the top cover (rack mount) or side panel (tower) and look inside to see what's wrong. The side panel/top cover has a diagram indicating the position of each fault led to help identify the failing component.

I hope this helps.

Brian
Bhavnish
Frequent Advisor

Hi.

If it is internal health led it means some internal part which install on the system board or system board also may be faulty. You can check by see on the system board for any amberindication near any part. If it is there go for replacement of this part.

Bhavnish
Everything is Possible+++
vvii
Occasional Contributor

Checked the "HP ProLiant Integrated Management Log Viewer", it said that Fan Failure (Fan1, Location CPU).

When I open the side panel of the server, 1 of the fan's light was amber, so I swapped another fan (that was working) to it, however it still showing amber.

It seems like either there is a problem with the cable that connected from the fan to the motherboard or a problem to the motherboard itself.

Since it is under warranty, I have a case open and a technician will be here to get it fix today.
Brian_Murdoch
Honored Contributor

Hi,

If it's an ML370 G3 then its the motherboard (Known issue).

Brian
vvii
Occasional Contributor

3:00PM and they still haven't show up.

Really. It was a known issues!!

If possible, can I have some links which relate to this issue.

Thanks !!!
Brian_Murdoch
Honored Contributor

Hi,

I assume it has been repaired now.

The problem lies with the fan logic chip on the system board. HP has now increased the default fan speed to HIGH in later BIOS updates in order to compensate for this problem.

Once it has occured you need to get the system board replaced. The BIOS update keeps things cooler but if it's a tower system in an office environment it can become a bit too noisy - OK in a rack generally.

Regards,

Brian

vvii
Occasional Contributor

After we replaced a motherboard, everything is back to normal.

If you are getting a motherboard replacement, please make sure that the new motherboard have the newest BIOS pre-installed.

At first, we were having the same Fans issue, after we replace a new motherboard, with previous BIOS pre-installed, and we manually installed a BIOS update patch, however, it doesn't work and the fans failed as before.

So a new motherboard with newest BIOS pre-install will solve the problem.