1748151 Members
3405 Online
108758 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: ML 370 and Netware 6.5

Brian Wisdom

ML 370 and Netware 6.5

I am having troubles installing Netware 6.5
I loaded SmartStart 6.4 but that will not install. So I tried to boot right off the NW CD and will start to install but hangs at the Novell Screen. I know that Smart Start 7.00 will install NW 6.5 but am not sure where to get one or download it. Please Help!

Brian
7 REPLIES 7
Sunil Jerath
Honored Contributor

Hello Brian,
If your ML370 is generation one then you need SmartStart 5.50 and 6.xx or 7.0 is not going to be of any help to you provided you want to update the drivers after the installation is finished. I am not sure if NW 6.5 is even supported on your server. Please check the following link:

http://h10018.www1.hp.com/wwsolutions/novell/index-all.html

Regards,
Brian Wisdom

Where could I get smart start 5.5? When I bought the server I ordered NW 6.5 with it. According to the matrix it says my server is supported.

Thanks,
Brian
Sunil Jerath
Honored Contributor

Hello Brian,
Now which generation of ML370 do u have?? If it's a newer one and does support NW 6.5 then you don't need 5.50 version. You can order 7.0 by calling 1-800-573-1099. The folks are pretty prompt and it's a next day delivery depending upon the availability.

Regards,
Brian Wisdom

Its a G3 How can I tell which gen it is? Sorry about the lack of info. But appreciate the help.
Sunil Jerath
Honored Contributor

Hello Brian,
Surely, you need Smart Start 7.0 even though you can install the OS with 6.x. Might as well use the latest one. Just call 1-800-573-1099.

Regards,
Brian Wisdom

I tried using the smart start 6.4 cd and I configured the dos partition and when it told me to load the NOS cd I put in the tray and it gives me a error saying to insert the correct cd. I tried 2 different cds and both gave me the same error
Sunil Jerath
Honored Contributor

Hello Brian,
There was an issue with SS 6.4 assisted installation. If you are going to order 7.0 version then I would wait. If you need more information on the installation then drop me a line at sunil.jerath@hp.com and I have someone take care of this for you.

Regards,