HPE Community read-only access December 15, 2018
This is a maintenance upgrade. You will be able to read articles and posts, but not post or reply.
Hours:
Dec 15, 4:00 am to 10:00 am UTC
Dec 14, 10:00 pm CST to Dec 15, 4:00 am CST
Dec 14, 8:00 pm PST to Dec 15, 2:00 am PST
ProLiant Servers (ML,DL,SL)
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ML 530 server /windows 2003 wont install?

nic_9
Advisor

ML 530 server /windows 2003 wont install?

Have a ML 530 we are re-using as a test server. Have create a new array. Booting off the W3K server CD. Process starts up, loads drivers, then just hangs on the blue install screen at "Loading Windows"

I've tried 3 different CDs, same issue.

any ideas?
6 REPLIES
Oleg Koroz
Honored Contributor

Re: ML 530 server /windows 2003 wont install?

blue or stop ? actual error
g1 ?
Array Controller ?
2003 sp1 ? R2 ?
any PCI cards ?
does it works good with W2K ?

nic_9
Advisor

it's not a "death screen"

it's starts doing the "loading windows" and doesnt go any futher. I've now tried with the SmartStart 7.40 and SmartStart just loads with a bunch of dots on the screen, then nothing.

i've swaped out the ram, remove the drives and the smart array 431 controller, no go.

have no tried w2k yet, but im assuming that if the smart start wont even load, neither will w2k
Oleg Koroz
Honored Contributor

if G1 7.40 not good
nic_9
Advisor

ok, what version should i try?

I think you have a hardware problem. try changing the CD-ROM or DVD ROM drive and see what will happen. Most likely it is your CD-ROM. I have problem with ML530 before installing Windows server 2003 R2. I changed the CD-ROM and I was able to finish my installation. Please let me know if this is helps.
HoNk
Occasional Advisor

Yes most likely you have a hardware problem ..Could be processor try with minimum configuration (1 proc and min ram no PCI cards ) as even SS is not loading .

And the latest Smart Start that is designed to work on a G1 is Smart Start 5.5 .

If 5.5 also does not work def a hardware problem.