1748104 Members
4639 Online
108758 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: ML 570 G1 server hangs

MAH_2
Regular Advisor

ML 570 G1 server hangs

Hi, I have one ML 570 G1 server. The server is getting hang from the POST. It will detect all the processors(4 Nos) and Memory (Total 4 GB).
Detects the Smart array controller 3200 with 4 logical drives. Then it will search for SCSI devices.It detected the Tape drive. After that is is not going forward. I have checked in minimum configuration , without SA3200 .But same problem. Please give me solution to solve this problem.
7 REPLIES 7
Matt Palmer_2
Respected Contributor

hi, have you tried disconnecting the tape drive, to see if its a scsi conflict?
then try rebooting the server and see how far it gets.

Some array controllers have an external interface, even though you may already be using it internally for the RAID on your disks,etc.

regards

Matt
MAH_2
Regular Advisor

I have reconnected all the components. But now the server is not booting . It is showing " non system disk error".But the array controller is showing 4 logical drives.
Matt Palmer_2
Respected Contributor

Hi, has this server already got an operating system installed on it? It sounds like the system is unconfigured. Please post more info on OS type installed, how the 4 logical drives are setup,etc.

regards

Matt
MAH_2
Regular Advisor

O.S is configured .Windows NT4. Logicaldrive is also configured. I want ot know how to set the boot order in ML 570 G1 server.
Matt Palmer_2
Respected Contributor

Hi, you need to press F10 during boot.

you may also need to check the System configuration lock DIP switch. If you pop the top cover off of the server and look in section 25 you will see that this is SW2, which is normally off as default.

If this doesnt work, do you know if you have the system utilities partition available? Have you tried using the Compaq System Configuration Utility and smartstart CD 4.9?

regards
MAH_2
Regular Advisor

The server is having one peripheral board . In that two SCSi port are there. I have disconnected the tape drive from that port. HDDs are connected on seperate controller.(SA3200)
I have smart start 5.5.
MAH_2
Regular Advisor

Hi, I want to know how to access the BIOS of ML 570 G1 server.