ProLiant Servers (ML,DL,SL)
1748200 Members
3926 Online
108759 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: ML 570 G2 video problem

paul black_1

ML 570 G2 video problem

Hi, I have a ML570 G2 with an ILO (lights - out) board installed. When I turned the server on today there was no video signal at all - although before that everything was fine. The video cable was connected to the ILO board. I tried a couple of cables and monitors, but the problem seems to be with the server. I tried to remove the ILO board and connect the video cable to the on-board video controller, but still did not get any video signal. From the general behavior of the server I presume it works fine - except for the video part. Any advice? Help would be very much appreciated...
3 REPLIES 3
paul black_1

Thanks! I actually downloaded and went through them prior to posting the question here. The only reference to video configuration or video errors says that if the server has an ILO card isntalled then it will contain the active video controller. However, without the ILO or any other video card I don't get video from the default video controller on the motherboard. Either it is defective or it is somehow disabled. I don't know which is the case. I checked the documentation for other servers - e.g. 560 and some of them have a DIP switch enabling the on-board video, but I did not find anything like this for the ML570
cnb
Honored Contributor

Paul,

SW4-1 will disable/enable OBV.

Physically Remove the RiLO module from Slot 7 and it's cable.

Change switch SW4-1 to use the On-Board Video connector.

HTH,