1752808 Members
6021 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

ML 570

Brian Bazzell

ML 570

My dual power supplies are not redundant. What do i need to do to make them that way. I also get a message stating that I do not have an intelligent power subsystem.

Thanks
6 REPLIES 6
Claude Boileau
Valued Contributor

Re: ML 570

Hi Brian

This message ??????does not have an intelligent power subsystem?????? problem occurs in the Power Supply Viewer and is not a fault in the power supplies. The two power supplies are redundant. There is no workaround for this problem and there is no permanent solution planned. The Power Supply Viewer for Microsoft Windows 2000 will not support the power supplies that ship with the above named servers.

claude
Brian Bazzell

i just double checked the system, and when you yank out one of the power cords, the system shuts down! I know they should be redundant, but sure enough, it reboots!

Thanks for the reply..

Brian
Tom Mucha_1
Trusted Contributor

Brian, do both power supplies have gree lights on the back? This shouldn't be happening the way you described it.
Tom Mucha_1
Trusted Contributor

I'm sorry Brian, I was just looking at the specs again, and depending on the configuration, 3 power supplies are needed for redundancy.
Brian Bazzell

Really???!! 3 for redunancy?? I'll go back and check out the specs. I missed that! So if that's the case, then that's my problem. I've only got the two.

Thansk for all your replies and help.

Brian
Tom Mucha_1
Trusted Contributor

http://h18004.www1.hp.com/products/quickspecs/11421_na/11421_na.html#Standard%20Features Look under the Power Supply heading. The wording seems kind of tricky - so I could be wrong. Thats one if for the G2 model.

http://h18004.www1.hp.com/products/quickspecs/10633_na/10633_na.html#Standard%20Features Here's the link for the G1 model - the wording is a lot easier here: Note: A third power supply is needed for redundancy