1745809 Members
3747 Online
108722 Solutions
New Discussion

ML10v2 Unrecognised HP Smart Memory

PsionicOz

ML10v2 Unrecognised HP Smart Memory

Hi,

I recently purchased a ML10v2 basic server (G3240 processor) which came with one 4G ECC unbuffered UDIMM (669238-071). 

Reading throught the quick specs (http://www8.hp.com/h20195/v2/GetPDF.aspx/c04567802.pdf) I found on page 18 a list of memory upgrade options.  

I've purchased two 8GB ECC unbuffered UDIMM's (815371-B21) listed in the quick specs.

However upon installing them (slot 2 & 4, 4G UDIMM now in slot 1) I see in the iLO that they are not being detected as HP Smart Memory.   Using the web-brower iLo I see "status" is "Good, In use" but "HP Smart Memory" says No and "Part Number" says N/A.  See attached.

Both modules were purchased from a local reputable HP dealer, part numbers and details matched stickers etc.   Security seals were intact.

The bios version on the motherboard is J10, which I believe is that current latest that supports VMWare ESXI.

This is something of a surprise, since having purchased what I believed to be Geninue HP Smart Memory, I wasn't expecting any issues or error reports etc.

Have I missed something?

/M.