6345 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: ML110 Beeping sound

Dik H
Advisor

ML110 Beeping sound

Hello,
We are having a continuous beeping (with 1 sec interval) sound on an ML110 G2 server. The server however is performing well and running Windows 2003 without problem. Restarting normally with no alert leds. Event viewer shows only I/O error. Suspecting system board and RAID controller is onboard. Can anyone advise. Thx.
5 REPLIES 5
KarloChacon
Honored Contributor

hi

when are you hearing those beeps?
all the time? I mean when server is booting (POST) or only when the operating system is loaded?

** I ask you this because if server has that sound only during OS is loaded my recommendation is to try enter in safe mode if sound continues if Hw issue if not is software issue.

where that sound is coming from? any specific location? fan, HDDs, ...?

also that sound has been present all the time or just started some time ago?

regards

regards
Didn't your momma teach you to say thanks!
Brent Workman
Occasional Advisor

I am having exactly the same problem. Except it is on 4 different servers. Beeping is continuous upon starting windows and continues. I have no idea. Checked on the systemboard for error lights. No error lights and no event log or post errors either. The beeping seems to be coming from the systemboard.

Brent
KONSTANTINE
Occasional Advisor

I have also the same problem on an ML150 G3
server running Server 2003 SBS
I have replaced the system board with the speaker but problem remains i have also performed a bios update with no results and changed the keyboard because the sound was like pressing continuously a key(stucked keyboard)but problem remained.
The hard disk controller is onboard so im not suspecting something like that i have also run HP offline diagnostics from cd and there was no error and also the beep stopped during the cd operation so i am thinkink of something wrong with windows .
After several tests i run msconfig and did a startup loading only basic devices and services and the beep dissappeared.When i enabled all services and drivers beep started again.I dont know what else to do please inform me if you have something in mind.Has anyone tested SAFE MODE?
Thanks a lot
Brent Workman
Occasional Advisor

Do you have DYNDNS updater on the server. We found our problem to be we changed the password used for this on the website but not on the local client. Once the passwords were synced our beepig went away.

Brent
KONSTANTINE
Occasional Advisor

Thanks i dont really know about DYNDNS but i will try and let you know...