8125 Online
108799 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: ML110 G2 and HP Storage Manager

pfox
Occasional Visitor

ML110 G2 and HP Storage Manager

Hi,
I have a HP ML110 G2 with Hot Plug SATA and installed the HP Storage Manager software (bundled with server) 3 years ago. I now need to login to the Storage Manager, but it is not accepting the network administrator password.

I am running Windows 2003 R2. The machine is a domain controller at a branch office. According to the software manual, you should be able to login with any domain admin username and password. At present I can only use the guest view.

The RAID controller is a HP branded Adaptec 2610sa (also bundled with server).

Any help would be much appreciated.

Cheers,
Paul.
6 REPLIES 6
KarloChacon
Honored Contributor

pfox
Occasional Visitor

Technically this card is not embedded. It is a PCI card. Does this software work for all HP supplied RAID cards?

Cheers,
Paul.
KarloChacon
Honored Contributor

you can try a previous version.. all of them say

""""The Storage Manager provides a Graphic User Interface based tool to configure the HP 6-Port and Embedded SATA RAID Controllers. For Windows 2000 and Windows Server 2003, operating system installation use SETUP.EXE. """

all the previous versions are in the link I provided before
Didn't your momma teach you to say thanks!
pfox
Occasional Visitor

I have:
- Un-installed the previous version.
- Deleted the Storage manager registry key
- Deleted the program files directory
- Installed new version

Unfortunately I still can't login to the software with the administrator password.
pfox
Occasional Visitor

Version 5 of this software caused the server to freeze intermittently. I think it was freezing the server when polling the status of the arrays/controller.

After uninstalling the Storage Manager software, the system became stable again.

Cheers,
Paul.
pfox
Occasional Visitor

Version 5 of this software caused the server to freeze intermittently. I think it was freezing the server when polling the status of the arrays/controller.

After uninstalling the Storage Manager software, the system became stable again.

Cheers,
Paul.