108799 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: ML110 G3 Embedded SATA RAID Problem

SOLVED
Go to solution
hayden hill

ML110 G3 Embedded SATA RAID Problem

Hi

I have a ML110 G3. I have set up raid correctly and now trying to install windows 2003.

I have downloaded these drivers. When I try to install the drivers (pressing F6 to specify RAID controller) through a USB floppy it says the txtsetup.oem cannot be found.

I have read on other forums that the USB floppy is most likely the problem and to use a old fashioned FDD. But the ML110 does not have a FD controller.

How can I install these drivers so windows can see my raid device ???????

Hayden
21 REPLIES 21
Miika T
Valued Contributor

Have you extracted the driver package, so you are not copying the .exe to the floppy? Have you used the same usb floppy drive to initially format & copy the files to the floppy you are using?

-Miika
hayden hill

Thank you.

Fomatting disk first on USB floppu fixed this problem, however, another peoblem popped up quickly afterwards.

Windows 2003 install gets to the stage where it asks you how you want to partition the RAID array. When you chose that, it again asks you the the driver disk.

However, it seems that Windows has somehow lost contact with the USB floppy as although the disk is in the A: , the disk does not even try to read.

So even if you have the disk in or out of the drive, if you press Enter to continue absolutely nothing happens

Please help !!!
Brian_Murdoch
Honored Contributor

Hayden,

Please try the following: -

In the ML110 G3 Bios under Advanced Options there is a setting for Mass Storage Device Support. If this is set to AUTO, change it to FLOPPY.

This allows the Windows 2003 installation process to search for a USB floppy drive.

I hope this helps.

Brian
hayden hill

thanks for your help

However, one of the call centre employees told me this is a bug with the ML110 G3

Without a HP USB Floppy, it is impossible to install the raid drivers.

My options are to do a unattended installation, buy a HP USB floppy or get a PCI IDE Controller with FDC. Not sure these even exsist !

Not sure what i will do and not happy with HP at all. Why include a raid controller when you cant even install it easily.....

Studio54
Occasional Advisor
Solution

Copy the RAID drivers to a USB key AND a USB floppy drive.
(I used a Toshiba USB drive).
Attach both units to your server.
In the server BIOS, set USB key to 'Forced Floppy' and the USB floppy drive to 'Floppy'.
Start WIN2K3 server installation as normal using the F6 key.

Come on HP, why is there no 'Read This First' sheet with the ML110 G3 DOCS kit outlining the problem and cure. How many other hundreds of people are having the same problem?

It's a workaround that worked for me without using a so called 'HP Floppy Drive'.

I say 'So called' as my USB floppy is labelled as Toshiba but recognised as a TEAC unit within the BIOS.
hayden hill

Thanks for your help.

i got it working through a unattneded install in the end.

Took me a considerable amount of time trying different options, and I cannot charge my client for HP's incompetence.

very dissapointing customer service

netsolve

Hi Studio45 whoever you are but you are the greatest. Noone could tell me how to do this setup, nether HP or Microsoft. Your tip with using both the USB-floppy and the stick was the thing that works.

Kind regards and once again many thanks

Ullrich Fichtner
Gavarustin
Advisor

Hello,

I have the same problem.
Re-format your diskette and copy the driver file again.
DYM_1

Hi Studio54, i tried with USB floppy "imation" and doesn├В┬┤t work, please tell me if i needed only toshiba or hp floppy or you have another advice. Thanks.