1752803 Members
5145 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

ML110 G3 The file txtsetup.oem could not be found

Gavarustin
Advisor

ML110 G3 The file txtsetup.oem could not be found

I try to install Windows 2003 Server in a server ML110 G3 with 2 HDD in RAID 1.
I created my array in BIOS setup.
I created my flopy disk with SATA RAID driver for Windows 2003.
But when I try to intstall Windows 2003 when I pres F6 for load SATA RAID driver and I have a message : The file txtsetup.oem could not be found.

10 REPLIES 10
Chris Saindon
Valued Contributor

Re: ML110 G3 The file txtsetup.oem could not be found

Hello Valentin,

This can be caused by a couple things.

1 - The disk you are using is formatted from the factory. Simply Re-format the disk and try again. This should work.

2 - Since this is the ML110 G3 I assume you are using a USB floppy. If you are using a third party floppy drive, what happens is when you press F6 and supply the driver, it works. When setup goes back to load that driver, that is where it loses it. For some reason, it drops the driver for the USB drive. This is caused by an incompatibility between the USB drive and the server, usually due to the drive not being USB 2.0. The only way around this is to purchase an HP drive, DC361B (spare part # 391091-001)

Hope this helps

Chris
Black holes are where God divided by zero - Steven Wright
Gavarustin
Advisor

Yes, I use a USB floppy.
RufusG
Frequent Advisor

I kept the single SATA disk supplied with the ML110 for the Operating System only.

Then for the Data I added 2 SATA drives in RAID-1 using a Promise FastTrak S150 TX4
( bought from HP for about $70 )

Tha way I keep my Data separate from the Operating System. The single disk can fail, or I can reload the Operating System, and my Data stays secure.

If I did it again today I would use SATA-2 disks and controller, but the difference is marginal.
Gavarustin
Advisor

I purchase a HP drive, DC361B (spare part # 391091-001), but I have the same error.
I think is a problem with the driver.
Chris Saindon
Valued Contributor

I purchase a HP drive, DC361B (spare part # 391091-001), but I have the same error.
I think is a problem with the driver.

Hello Valentin,

Can you post the link for the driver you're using. Did you also try the formatting trick? The reason for that is whena disk is "factory" formatted, it has a serial of 0000-0000. Windows setup will not read this. It needs to be ran through a full format first.

Thanks

Chris
Gavarustin
Advisor

Thank you Chris, it work now.

I just formatted my disk and it work.

Thank you
Chris Saindon
Valued Contributor

Hello Valentin,

I apologize for you having gone out and purchasing an HP USB drive. This is an issue either way as third party drives are know for this issue anyways. I guess you may have missed it, but in my first post I did mention the format trick.

Again, sorry for the confusion, but I'm happy to hear that it's resolved now.

Have a good day

Chris
Gavarustin
Advisor

Hi Chris,

It├в s not a problem for the HP USB floppy.
I don├в t understand exactly, way I need to reformat my diskette.
I send the same question on the HP support and they give me the same solution.

Thank you again.
Tommy Ivarsson

Hi!

I had this problem just today and it turns out all I had to do was to format my floppy (again) and copy the drivers to it.

It all started a few months ago when I ran into this problem the first time. I had no HP-USB Floppy drive only a Sony drive and during F6 install it would read my floppy just fine but in the next stage when SBS2003 OS loads it does not recognise the floppy drive anymore.

The cause of this is that the plug and play ID of the sony drive is not listed in txtsetup.sif on the install cd.

The simple solution to this problem would have been not to remove the floppy interface in the server in the first place, but thats to late now so I did an own version of the install cd with a customized txtsetup.sif.

Here are som links to put you in the right direction:

http://www-307.ibm.com/pc/support/site.wss/document.do?lndocid=MIGR-56064

and

http://www.maximumpc.com/2005/01/how_to_slipstre.html

There are tons of other pages out there describing the process, go find them if you dont like my links.

Those pages is for Windows XP but its the same for Win server 2003.
And just skip the driver stuff on slipstream page.

Good luck