1752682 Members
5520 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

ML110 G3 can not boot from Highpoint Raid Controller

Andreas J├дger

ML110 G3 can not boot from Highpoint Raid Controller

Dear all,

i have a ML110 G3 and i want to use a Highpoint RocketRaid 454 Controller. At the StartUp the Controller Bios is shown and the Raidsystem is in a perfect state and marked as bootable. But i can't set the boot order to the Raid Controller.
I've tried to deactivate the internal controler. It doesn't work. The Server and Controller Bios are up to date. I can see my Discs connected to the Raid Controller if i'm booting the Insight Diagnostics CD. And i've acces to my raid system from Windows Server2003 Setup.

But im not able to boot from this controller.

I want to use this controller and discs in my new server (the old system is to slow) cause they are only half an year old.

Thanks for every reply

Andy
7 REPLIES 7
ramesh_naik_
Esteemed Contributor

Re: ML110 G3 can not boot from Highpoint Raid Controller

Hi Andreas,

As per the ducoment attached, Highpoint RocketRaid 454 Controller is an IDE RAID controller. So i assume that the hard drives being usd are IDE hard drives.

You could check the attached file for the settings and configuration for this controller. It gives you the detailed information about how to set the hard drives as bootable.

Also please check the settings in the BIOS for disabling the SATA ROM option.

Hope this helps !!!!

Regards,
rmn
ramesh_naik_
Esteemed Contributor

Hi Andreas,

Sorry for not attaching the document in the earlier answer since it says it is a large file.

You could download the user manual from the website:
http://www.highpoint-tech.com/USA/rr454.htm

Hope this works !!

Regards,
rmn
Andreas J├дger

Hello rmn,

thanks for your reply. The Raid Array is bootable and my old server had no Problem with it. I've also tried to deactivate all built in controllers. Nothing worked.

Best regards

Andy
ramesh_naik_
Esteemed Contributor

Cool Andreas !!!!!

Way to go !!!!

Regards,
rmn
ramesh_naik_
Esteemed Contributor

Hi Andy,

I am sorry I think I misunderstood your previous reply.

I assume that the old server is working fine or is it the ML110 G3 server we are talking about?
What is the status of the server now?

Regards,
rmn
Andreas J├дger

Hello rmn,

we are talking about my new ML110 G3. I still can't boot from the HighPoint Controller. The Controller worked fine in my old Server. And now i want to use the Controller incl. Disks in my new ML110 G3 cause the Raid Controller and the discs are only half a year old. I've already tried your suggestions before i've written these thread. Cause i can't wait any longer for a solution i've installed the root System of Windows Server 2003 R2 on a 40GB SATA Disk.
I've put the database and other important files on the Raid System. This solution isn't optimal, but the system has to work.

Best regards

Andy
Balazs Rosko

Same problem. No solution?