cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ML110 G4 Hardware Monitoring

T. Bange
Occasional Visitor

ML110 G4 Hardware Monitoring

How can I monitor fans and temperatures on a ML110 G4 under Windows 2000/2003?
5 REPLIES
Patrick Terlisten
Honored Contributor

Re: ML110 G4 Hardware Monitoring

Hello,

you need the Lights-Out 100c Remote Management Card for envoriment health monitoring.

Check this:
http://h18004.www1.hp.com/products/servers/management/remotemgmt/lightsout100/index.html

AFAIK there is no other way to monitor fans or temperatures in an ML110 system.

Hope that helps.

Best regards,
Patrick
Best regards,
Patrick
T. Bange
Occasional Visitor

Thanks for the information. But I have some questions about these Lights-Out-Thing.

For example, if a fan fails, what happens then? Can the server send me an email an shut itself down? What if a hard drive fails? Or any other component? Comes the card with any software?

Can you point me to a web page where I can find that kind of information?

Thanks in advance.

Regards
Tom
Patrick Terlisten
Honored Contributor

Hi Tom,

check the quickspecs. The card can't notify you on it's own, you need an additional software component, like a systems management system (OpenView, Systems Insight Manager, UniCenter....). With this you can build a notification chain.

http://h18004.www1.hp.com/products/quickspecs/12468_div/12468_div.html

Best regards,
Patrick
Best regards,
Patrick
T. Bange
Occasional Visitor

Hello,

thanks for your information. But I'm still stuck in finding the "right" software.

AFAIK I need SIM Agents, but I'm unable to find these Agents for the ML110 G4, nor can I find information related to the software supporting the LO100c.

I downloaded SIM and installed it on a test machine, but it just says, Health Status is Ok and that no management processor is present. Will I get more detailed information when I install a LO100c card? Since I don't have a LO100c card (yet) I'm unable to test what will happen with the LO100c card installed.

I've some old Compaq PL400 servers where I installed the neccessary agents and a notification service which sends emails in case of a hardware failure. Can something similar being acomplished with a ML110 G4 with a LO100c card (and whatever software configuration)?

Regards,
Tom
Patrick Terlisten
Honored Contributor

Hello Tom,

sorry, I have no experience with the ILO100 and ML110 in combination with SIM.

Maybe another forum member can tell you more about it.

Best regards,
Patrick
Best regards,
Patrick