New Discussion юеВ

Re: ML110 G4 Raid Setup

SOLVED
Go to solution
Blazhev_1
Honored Contributor
Solution

1. In BIOS(F10) under Advanced menu screen, select Advanced Chipset Control.
2. Select the Serial ATA field to Enabled.
3. Select the SATA Controller Mode Option>Enhanced field.
4. Set the SATA RAID Enable field to Enabled.
5. Press F10, then select Yes to save the changes and close BIOS Setup Utility. The server automatically
reboots.

Whatever the storage matrix is, if you have the embedded SATA controller and it is enabled in bios there is 100% a SATA Utility for configuration. If you have followed the steps in the advisory and the output was the same as shown there you must see the message during POST to press F8.

See : http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bc/docs/support/SupportManual/c00795605/c00795605.pdf?jumpid=reg_R1002_USEN

If you need help with the BIOS, there are screenshots. If you want HW RAID you should create the RAID before the OS installation, else it will be software RAID. Hope the enabling of SATA in BIOS is your problem :)
Regards

Ian Zahn
Occasional Advisor

Thank you Pac. It is now configured correctly. I thought I had them set correctly. I had the last one disabled. Thanks for all those that helped. Very much appreciated.
William Schroeder

Will a USB floppy work for the purpose of doing the F6 driver install?

I thought the USBs required an OS to be recognized.

My installation failes with an "unexpected error" when I hit S for install other driver. I think because the OS install is looking foe a floppy drive to install driver from.

This system does not appear to support a floppy.
Datalynk

I struggled with RAID driver issues for hours on a clients ML110 G4 Server...

Here is the final result (hope it helps some of you)...

I was not in the mood to hunt around for a USB FDD or USB Drive, and so I installed the OS to a single SATA drive with RAID disabled.

After the installation was complete my intention was to install the RAID drivers into windows using Add new hardware / Have Disk method. This blue screened when RAID was enabled and so I consulted the forums...

After much trial and error a solution presented itself...

DOWNLOAD LATEST DRIVERS IN THE LINK ABOVE install then re-enable worked a dream...

HP should make these issues a little more prominent and less difficult to find answers for (i.e. put as known issue under product support) as I spent hours on the forum!
Wernle Marc
Occasional Advisor

Hi Ian

If you have further questions check the hp support website for documentation docs. See also here:
- HP Embedded SATA RAID Controller User Guide: http://bizsupport.austin.hp.com/bc/docs/support/SupportManual/c00771065/c00771065.pdf
- HP ProLiant ML100 Series Server User Guide: http://bizsupport.austin.hp.com/bc/docs/support/SupportManual/c00260539/c00260539.pdf

Regards
Marc

Ian Zahn
Occasional Advisor

Hi all
I have fixed my problem I was having. For those who need a solution. AS responded by PAC 18th June 2007.
Activate the RAID in BIOS
1. In BIOS(F10) under Advanced menu screen, select Advanced Chipset Control.
2. Select the Serial ATA field to Enabled.
3. Select the SATA Controller Mode Option>Enhanced field.
4. Set the SATA RAID Enable field to Enabled.
5. Press F10, then select Yes to save the changes and close BIOS Setup Utility. The server automatically
reboots.

Put the w3k /xp raid drivers on a floppy disk from disk supplied with server. Boot Server, configure RAID - press F8 when required on boot.
Then put w3k/XP cd in server and usb floppy boot server of cd select F6 on windows installation to add additional drivers
then you should know where to go from here.
Ian Zahn
Occasional Advisor

PAC 18th Jun was the answer and then booting with usb floppy connected.