ProLiant Servers (ML,DL,SL)
1752810 Members
5886 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: ML110 G5 ACU Did not detect a Supported Array Controller

Yann Davies

ML110 G5 ACU Did not detect a Supported Array Controller

I have installed 2 sata drives which i want to setup raid on and was unable to do so with HP Smartstart cd and the onboard raid controller. As suggested BU HP i purchased a SC44ge SAS card with Cable Kit and attempted to setup raid with smartstart cd and i get the same results. Anu Suggestions is there a patch for the SC44GE Card?
3 REPLIES 3
Andrew Rutter
Honored Contributor

hi,

have you cabled the drives up to the new raid card?

presuming you have does the card have a bios seen at bootup? with an option to configure the raid here? it should have. just after the memory count watch the screen for am option to configure raid by pressing control+a or similar

but first reboot the server and go in to the RBSU (F9)and change the boot order to the new SAS card.

then the smart start should see it

Andy
KarloChacon
Honored Contributor

hi

as simple as HP did not tell you that 100 Series servers do not support Smart Start CD no matter which controller you use so you have to install windows(I don't know which one you want you did not mention) manually I mean normally just CD

you have to use this guide to configure your RAID level

http://bizsupport.austin.hp.com/bc/docs/support/SupportManual/c00865543/c00865543.pdf

bye
Didn't your momma teach you to say thanks!
Jimmy Vance
HPE Pro

ACU is for Smart Array Controllers. Neither the embedded SATA RAID in the 100 series, or the SC44ge is a Smart Array. To activate the embedded SATA RAID function, you must enable it in the System ROM, then you will get an F8 prompt during POST to configure the RAID settings.

This link is for the SG44ge users guide

http://bizsupport.austin.hp.com/bc/docs/support/SupportManual/c00865543/c00865543.pdf

No support by private messages. Please ask the forum!