1748271 Members
4246 Online
108760 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

ML110 G5 Graphics Driver

JoeKing69
Advisor

ML110 G5 Graphics Driver

I have installed Windows XP on to the new G5 using RAID1 with no problems.

The trouble is the driver I took from the hp website for the G5 seems to be very slow / jumpy. The driver I used is the one here
http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/SoftwareDescription.jsp?lang=en&cc=uk&prodTypeId=15351&prodSeriesId=3577708&prodNameId=3577715&swEnvOID=1005&swLang=8&mode=2&taskId=135&swItem=MTX-d5b0446cb9654d94a5a77c7fb6

What is the actual graphics chip on the G5?

Apart from this, WXP seems to be quite happy on the G5.

Any ideas much appreciated.
25 REPLIES 25
Shiraj Fernando
Regular Advisor

Re: ML110 G5 Graphics Driver

The Quick Specs for ML110 G5 doesn't mention much about the actual chip but it mentions that the server has only 8MB video memory.

http://h18000.www1.hp.com/products/quickspecs/12867_na/12867_na.HTML#Technical%20Specifications

Regards,
Shiraj.
JoeKing69
Advisor

Thanks but that much I already knew, what I would like is to know is what manufacturer the onboard graphics is...Matrox, ATI, Intel, etc.

The driver I listed shows as Matrox G200, spoke to Matrox and they say this is a very old device and not available anymore, so how can the driver from hp be the one for this new G5 machine!!!

Any ideas?
Andrew Schwartz

A working drive I have installed for Windows 2003 Server reports that it is a Matrox G200e (ServerEngines).
Hope that helps.
Patrick Terlisten
Honored Contributor

Hello,

I can confirm this. The onboard graphics is a Matrox G200e.

Hope this helps.

Best regards,
Patrick
Best regards,
Patrick
JoeKing69
Advisor

The driver works for me but the display seems a little slow to refresh, almost like there is no graphics acceleration!

I installed Windows XP on a G4 version of the ML110 and used the graphics driver from the hp website for that model and this is perfect.

I therefore tried the G4 driver on the G5, this was not good, BSOD!

Any ideas?
The machine otherwise works OK, just annoying that the screen is slow to repsond to refreshes or redraws.

Thanks in advance.
Pritesh110

Hi JoeKing69,

I'm trying to install Windows XP on the ML110 G5 but not having any joy with the XP drivers for the HP NC105i PCIe Gigabit Server Adapter. Any help would be much appreciated. Also were there any other obsticles apart from the Graphics?

Kind Regards

Pritesh
JoeKing69
Advisor

I think the onboard NIC is a Broadcom chip, 57xx series. Have a look on the system board for a small chip with Broadcom on it. If it is then try downloading the driver from here...
http://www.broadcom.com/support/ethernet_nic/netxtreme_server.php

The graphics is the main problem, the driver from hp is working, refresh / redraws are jumpy for some reason.

I have had some issues with the onboard serial ports in the past on all the ML110 series, nothing to do with Windows OS as this is the same on Server W2K3.

To resolve I have installed a PCI-X 4 port serial card and then left the onboard empty. I believe it is something to do with console redirection / iLO but not found anything to help.
Pritesh110

Many thanks Joe.

Will give that a try.

Cheers
Mi6t0
Trusted Contributor

Joe, it is normal that the graphic behaviour on XP is slower - by default the visual settings are turned on.

Can you try to go to control panel - system - advanced - performance - settings - adjust for best performance. Does it fix the problem?

Regards,