ProLiant Servers (ML,DL,SL)
1753776 Members
7203 Online
108799 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: ML110 G5: Sata Raid Drivers wont install (win2000)

Matthew E Yates

ML110 G5: Sata Raid Drivers wont install (win2000)

Hi,

I know the Proliant ML110 G5 servers dont officially support windows 2000 server OS however I have sucessfully managed to install two identical machines with no problems.

The problem I am experiencing is when trying to specify the Sata Raid drivers during the pre-install. I get the following error message:

File \Win32\aarich.sys caused an unexpected error (18) at line 1211 in D:\nt\private\ntos\boot\setup\oemdisk.c.

I am using the adaptec sata raid drivers as reccomended for 2000/XP/2003 and as I said before have used them on 2 previous installs on the same model server.

If anyone has any idea on what causes the problem or how I can work around it I would be most grateful.
3 REPLIES 3
Matthew E Yates

Im an imbecile and have resolved this issue after too many hours head scratching...

When extracting the drivers to the floppy disk for the pre-install process, the txtsetup.oem needs to be on the root of the floppy, the other files need to be moved into a:\win32\ directory.
Rcabral
Occasional Visitor

Hi

which adaptec sata raid drivers did you use for this to install windows 2000 server.

thanks
Jerry A smith
Occasional Contributor

Hi Matthew, I am currently banging my head against a brick wall trying to install W2K on the ML 110 G5 but cannot find a set of SATA drivers to work. Please can you tell which drivers you used please. Thanks, Jerry