1748124 Members
3250 Online
108758 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: ML110 G5 Shutting down

Jehanzeb_1
Occasional Contributor

ML110 G5 Shutting down

Hello, I have recently installed a new ML110 G5 server at my client site with WIN SBS 2003. However, the problem is it keeps shutting down itself every two hours. I thought it was an electric issue (maybe the server heats up and switches off itself to cool itself down or the UPS is playing around) but that is not the case.
-----------------------------------------
Ok, I have read one article on this forum which had similar problem. I have tried all those methods but still no Luck.

1: Try using Default/Optimised settings from the BIOS - Done that
2: Disable Internet/Firewall Sharing from the services - Done that
3: Check all your power management settings and disable all relating to switch off/hibernation etc - Done that
4: Check the UPS and connect the server to direct power and see if it stays on - Done that

I have done all of the above but still the stupid server shutsdown after 2 hours of use and it does not come back up!!

I am not sure as to what to do next. Please Someone hear my plea and help me with this issue as this is Utmost Urgent!

Many thanks in advance.

Regards

Jehanzeb
5 REPLIES 5
KarloChacon
Honored Contributor

YAQUB_1
Respected Contributor

Hi Jehanzeb,

Step-by-Step process:-

1. First U chech Ur systems latest firmware, if not then U update latest firmware.
2. Stil problem happend then U rplace power supply unit.
3. U have same another ML110 G5 box, then U replace system board (mother board).

I hope it will help U.

Thanks--Yaqub
HP Support!!!
Jehanzeb_1
Occasional Contributor

Morning Guys,

Thanks for your kind reply. I have the updated firmware and BIOS to 23/4/08.

The problem is really weird as when I installed HP Small Business OS on it, the server ran for 3 days constant with no problems but then afterwards it started to shutdown on every 2 hours interval.

I checked and changed the power supply but no luck. The supply is fine. Do you think it is do with the software? I mean OS? It's an HP windows 2003 SBS R2 (the server didn't come with the OS so I bought the OS seprately. At the moment all the drivers are fully updated from HP website, Windows is updated fully as well. There is no other software installed onto the server.

This is the full spec of software:
HP Microsoft Windows Small Business Server 2003 R2 Standard Edition Reseller Option Kit - Licence and media - 1 server, 5 CALs - CD - BIOS lock (manufacturer 432587-B21)

Now if it is to do with the software then could please explain what I should do to fix it.

Many Thanks

Regards

Jehanzeb

Patrick Terlisten
Honored Contributor

Hello,

did you setup the complete SBS, inclusive domain-controller funtion?

Best regards,
Patrick
Best regards,
Patrick
Jehanzeb_1
Occasional Contributor

Yes Petrick I did however, upon checking the "system" under component services it was giving an error on DNS level. Though it should not have shutdown on 2 hours intervals as DNS errors occurs when it is to do with ip addresses and not the system itself.

I have rebuild the server and now everything seems to be working fine. Going to stalk this server for next 2-4 hours now and will see if any more error occurs.

Many thanks for your kind reply and support.

Regards

Jehanzeb