Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ML110 G5 Storage Manager notified of a raid error

Amadej
Occasional Visitor

ML110 G5 Storage Manager notified of a raid error

Hello everyone,

I have a ML150 G5 with 2 SATA drives configured as raid 1 (SATA HostRAID controller), for which I received a error notification (via e-mail and event log):
October 31, 2009 5:04:18 AM CET ERR 418:A01C-S--L-- Bad Block discovered: controller 1 (LBA 0x00000000).
October 31, 2009 5:04:19 AM CET ERR 418:A01C-S--L-- Bad Block discovered: controller 1, port 0 (LBA 0x00000000).

The thing that is bothering me is that when I run HP Storage Manager and check on the array and disks, I can't find any information about the error. The error was sent via e-mail/event log and it's logged in the RaidEvtA.log file, but as far as the array and hard drives view in HP Storage Manager goes, there are no errors. The array and drives are listed as "Optimal" and there are no logged SMART errors on any drive.

Yet the server still sounds the alarm every 10 minutes or so.

Naturally I'm confused about the situation and don't want to replace a working hard drive if it's a software error. Any recommendations on what I should do? Is it safe to run "verify" via Storage Manager on the RAID array if the OS is on that array?

Thanks for all your help,
Amadej.
2 REPLIES
Amadej
Occasional Visitor

Re: ML110 G5 Storage Manager notified of a raid error

Sorry, just noticed it's a G3 not G5 ML150. :)
Adam Ryan
Occasional Advisor

Re: ML110 G5 Storage Manager notified of a raid error

Hi Amadej,

Did you find out if it was a hardware or software failure?

I am experiencing the same issue, although mine states bad block discovered, and bad block repaired. So you could assume it is fixing itself!

Any information would be greatly appreciated.

Adam.