cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ML110 G5 - embedded SATA RAID drivers for Windows Server 2008 R2

Daniel M. Hoyt
Occasional Visitor

ML110 G5 - embedded SATA RAID drivers for Windows Server 2008 R2

After spending about four hours looking around for a driver that would be recognized by my brand new ML110 G5, I found one (just one) that work on the CD that came with the server.

I'm using the HP Embedded SATA Controller and I have the BIOS configured for RAID1. I could not, for the life of me find a driver that Server 2008 R2 would recognize as "signed".

HP Support and Downloads web page - got a driver but the Installation software wouldn't recognize any of it. The files names weren't what I would have expected either, P200, P400, etc.

Search forums on HP and many other sites. Finally, last place I looked, I tried the CD that came with the system. It has an Easy Install program but said the controller configured for my system was not recognized by the setup software so I gave up on the CD.

However, there are subfolders on the disc and one of them is labeled "Drivers". Sure enough, there was one for the Disk Controller, and within that was a file for Win64! But when I tried those files I got the same response - no files recognized as "signed".

I finally clicked a folder I had been ignoring because this is an Intel box. The AMD folder.

Wouldn't you know, the driver file in that folder was recognized as signed and Server 2008 R2 installed just fine using the AMD driver.

Hope this helps someone else going through the same process I did, and perhaps saves you some time as well.
1 REPLY
djrhys
Occasional Visitor

Re: ML110 G5 - embedded SATA RAID drivers for Windows Server 2008 R2

Thank you so much!! I finally got it working!