1750505 Members
5211 Online
108777 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: ML110 G5 server will not boot after power failure

Sabryan
Occasional Contributor

ML110 G5 server will not boot after power failure

Power supply works, on power-up Processor Fan starts and Revs-up and stays high in sound and speed. no screen, all LEDs on Motherboard are green, including Heart Beat.
That is all get.
Got it new as payment for services, original sealed box and had it running for about 4 months.
That is why I do not have a service contract.
I tried to buy a new or used motherboard but the prices are ridiculous.
Any ideas about what to do or try?, or does anyone know where can I get a better price for the motherboard part # 445072-001?.

Thank you
7 REPLIES 7
Bijl
Advisor

If you do not get Video or POST. Try a different monitor and different cable for the monitor and check where it connects to the server. Try to reseat all the components (memory, processors, Nics) as a matter fact, try to go into minimum configuration by removing all components that are not needed (additional memory and all pci cards).

Regards,
Sabryan
Occasional Contributor

I have a four port KVM, so the monitor works for the other 3 servers.

I pulled everything out, all the hardware, including the CPU and started with barebones,
with no luck, no video.

it seems that it get stuck right before the video comes online.

When it was working,after power up, the CPU fan reved up pretty high, for about 3 seconds, and then it would slow down to a whisper at that point was when the monitor would come online, that does not happen anymore.

Also I do not hear the hard drive or HD lED activity going, so it is not posting at all.

anymore ideas?

I am also looking to replace the Motherboard, but the prices are insane.
Do you have any good source?

Thank you

David99
Occasional Contributor

I have exactly the same problem did have you had any success?
Sabryan
Occasional Contributor

I discover that it was still under warranty and HP troubleshooted over the phone and came to the conclusion that I needed a new motherboard, and they were right.
The shipped a new one for free and put back together myself and has been running happily for months.
David99
Occasional Contributor

thanks

Will get new board
Mekkano

After almost two years, my ML100 G5 server suddenly stop working with the same symptoms Sabryan mentioned earlier. Is this a factory defect of ML110 series?
CPU

I have the same problem after replaced MB & PS then found out that the problem was cause by the power switch, some how the power switch have some resistance on the contact even when the switch is not press, so change the switch will solve the problem.