ProLiant Servers (ML,DL,SL)
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ML110 G6 will not boot completely without hitting ESC key!

SOLVED
Go to solution
Colin Angelinetta
Occasional Visitor

ML110 G6 will not boot completely without hitting ESC key!

I have recently installed a ML110 G6 with an adaptec 29160 SCSI card. The SCSI card is to enable use of Storageworks DAT 160 drive. Everything works fine except if you leave the unit to boot up on it's own, it freezes just after the scsi device recognition occurs. If I press the esc key on the white page PROLIANT start up the unit boots up fine - I don't need to do anything else. Whilst someone is here to press the esc key on a restart this is ok but if a restart is initiated remotely there is a problem. Can anyone out there help?
5 REPLIES
Dennis Pillow
Occasional Advisor

Re: ML110 G6 will not boot completely without hitting ESC key!

I have a similar issue. When I restart or do a clean boot I must hit the escape key at the same point. Any info on this issue would be greatly appreciated.
Dennis E. Pillow
Mauricio Salas
Frequent Advisor
Solution

This happen just with this card? could be more a Firmware issue, ofcourse, no driver related, so I would recomend to update the BIOS and the Card Firmware
Johan Guldmyr
Honored Contributor

And there is no message indicating why it isn't progressing?

If you take out the SCSI-card, does it proceed then?

The 29160 SCSI card - is that an "HP" card - is it supported? Maybe it's not supported and that's why it stops in POST?
Colin Angelinetta
Occasional Visitor

I must admit I am presupposing that it is an issue with the Adaptec card being added to the system. It does seem to be strange to me that the system continues past exactly the same point if I interrupt the boot sequence by hitting the escape key. If I take out the card, the boot sequence will change (no scsi detection phase will occur)and there would be no problem. I will perhaps look at using a different scsi card if neccessary. Thanks for the replies.
Colin Angelinetta
Occasional Visitor

Did the obvious and update the BIOS - it worked! So Dennis do the same and hopefully you will get the same result. Thanks to all.