1752822 Members
4413 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion

ML110 Gen10 Questions or Issues

Technolocloud
Visitor

ML110 Gen10 Questions or Issues

I have two questions or issues I'm looking for info on.

• I don't see my two embedded adapters within the Windows operating system however they clearly show up with link state in the iLO.  I am not running shared iLO mode and the dedicated iLO adapter is being used for iLO only and works fine.  The adapters do not show up as unknown devices in the Device Manager.  It is like they are not there at all.  Is there a setting in the System Configuration which could be causing this?
  • Regarding memory, the server has a single processor and 6 slots.  I have 4 identical DIMMs and if I'm reading this right, I should be occupying slots 2, 3, 4 and 5.  When I do this, I get an error DIMM 244 - DIMM Initialization Error - Processor 1 DIMM 2 and the same for DIMM 3.  None of the memory in those slots is used and they are marked as out of range.  Any combination of 3 of those 4 DIMMs in slots 4, 5, 6 all work so I know the memory is all good.  I am current with the SmartUpdate and even bumped the BIOS to U33 2.66 I believe.  I don't mind buying 2 more sticks to fill all slots but I was working a progression which seems to be well-documented....unless of course I am missing something.  

Any help is greatly appreciated!

4 REPLIES 4
Technolocloud
Visitor

Re: ML110 Gen10 Questions or Issues

anyone?  anyone?

BPSingh
HPE Pro

I don't see my two embedded adapters within the Windows operating system however they clearly show up with link state in the iLO.  I am not running shared iLO mode and the dedicated iLO adapter is being used for iLO only and works fine.  The adapters do not show up as unknown devices in the Device Manager.  It is like they are not there at all.  Is there a setting in the System Configuration which could be causing this?

What is the windows version and the adapter models installed? 
Could you check if the drivers for the adapters are installed? 
Is this a new setup or was it working perviously?
If iLO is able to see the Adapter links then it is something to do with the Operating System. 

Regarding memory, the server has a single processor and 6 slots.  I have 4 identical DIMMs and if I'm reading this right, I should be occupying slots 2, 3, 4 and 5.  When I do this, I get an error DIMM 244 - DIMM Initialization Error - Processor 1 DIMM 2 and the same for DIMM 3.  None of the memory in those slots is used and they are marked as out of range.  Any combination of 3 of those 4 DIMMs in slots 4, 5, 6 all work so I know the memory is all good.  I am current with the SmartUpdate and even bumped the BIOS to U33 2.66 I believe.  I don't mind buying 2 more sticks to fill all slots but I was working a progression which seems to be well-documented....unless of course I am missing something.  
Any help is greatly appreciated!

The DIMM population seems to be correct. Please ensure that you follow the guidelines mentioned on the below web-link:

https://support.hpe.com/hpesc/public/docDisplay?docId=emr_na-a00038326en_us 

Please clean the DIMM contacts and also ensure the slots are clean. 

https://techlibrary.hpe.com/docs/iss/shared/error_gen10/GUID-ABCA32F2-DDD1-428B-A8B6-7FD5453E7BBB.html  

If the issue persists, please share the exact error message. 

I am an HPE employee.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]
Accept or Kudo
Technolocloud
Visitor

@BPSingh 

A couple of things here...

First, you realize you shouldn't be fondling the RAM with your hands, let alone the connectors.  Everything is nice and shiny and should be making contact so I don't intend on touching the contacts on the DIMMs or the board.

As for the network adapters, I realize some may not be tech savvy when posting these things however I've been doing this for 28 years.  I have Windows Server 2019 installed...the devices do not appear in any view of the Device Manager at all however both adapters and an active link state show in the iLo view.  How can I install drivers for a device that Windows doesn't even believe exists?  This isn't like they are showing as unknown devices.  My question is why do the devices not show AT ALL in Windows.  I have a PCIe card with 4 ports which shows just fine.  There has to be someone restricting those adapters from the operating system view...likely at the hardware layer.  Any ideas anyone?

BPSingh
HPE Pro

Greetings!

For the DIMM error, please follow the following link.

https://techlibrary.hpe.com/docs/iss/shared/error_gen10/GUID-ABCA32F2-DDD1-428B-A8B6-7FD5453E7BBB.html

Please refer below link if the DIMM reports mapped out.

Page 65 "Configuring memory remapping" https://support.hpe.com/hpesc/public/docDisplay?docId=a00016407en_us

As for the network adapters, if these adapter are detected in BIOS and iLO but not in OS then this has to be investigate from the OS end.

In device manager, click show device manager and check. Have you attempted to install the network driver? If yes, could you check if its says something like "required hardware not present" ?

If you believe these issues require further investigation, then I would advise you to open a support ticket.

I am an HPE employee.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]
Accept or Kudo