1753773 Members
5783 Online
108799 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: ML110 Gen9 cannot read current power reading

nasbdh9
Established Member

ML110 Gen9 cannot read current power reading

My machine has been configured with RPS Enablement Kit and two 750W Hot Plug Power, but the current power readings cannot be displayed in iLO, and the program reports that this platform is not supported when I try to update Advanced Power Capping Microcontroller Firmware

7 REPLIES 7
Srinath_Raju
HPE Pro

Hi nasbdh9, 

To fix this issue, please perform the following

1) Update Ilo firmware to the latest

2) If issue persists, Reset iLO

Regards

Sr

I am a HPE Employee

Accept or Kudo

nasbdh9
Established Member

I have tried to reset the BIOS and iLO settings to default, but still no power reading

Srinath_Raju
HPE Pro

Hi Nisbdh9,

Please update Ilo to the latest version which is Version:2.60 (30 May 2018) to fix the issue.

Critical - HPE requires users update to this version immediately.

Install this update to take advantage of significant improvements to the write algorithm for the embedded 4 GB non-volatile flash memory (also known as the NAND). These improvements increase the NAND lifespan.

The following issues are resolved in this version:

•  iLO 4 unexpectedly restored itself to factory default settings when an user did not initiate the process.  
  •  When Auto Power-On is set to Always Power On to Restore Last Power State, the server might not power on after a cold reset.  
  •  False nonvolatile flash memory (NAND) test failures might occur after a firmware upgrade. 
  •  Incorrect RAM and Storage values are displayed on the HPE OneView for VMware vCenter tab. 
  •  Remote Support disk events include the text “Not Available” for the variables when data is missing. 
  •  Some Power Supply information is missing from the iLO web interface.

Regards

Sr

I am a HPE Employee

Accept or Kudo

nasbdh9
Established Member

I have updated the iLO firmware version to 2.73 and tried to restore the factory configuration but still can't read

I noticed that I have the firmware version 3.3 of the RPS suite. Checking the version on other working machines is 1.0.9. Downloading the 1.0.9 firmware update attack report does not support this setting. How can I force to update the 3.3 version to 1.0.9 ?

Srinath_Raju
HPE Pro

Hi Nasbdh9,

Please check the power cap settings. Value is 0 if the powercap is not configured.

Viewing the current power state
To view the current power state, navigate to the Power Management→Power Meter page.

The values displayed in the Current State table vary depending on the server type:

Present Power Reading - The current power reading from the server. This value is displayedfor all HP ProLiant server types.

Present Power Cap - The configured power cap for the server. This value is 0 if the powercap is not configured. This value is displayed for HP ProLiant ML, DL, and blade servers.

Power Input Voltage - The supplied input voltage for the server. This value is displayed for HPProLiant ML and DL servers.

Under Ilo, select power settings.
Select HP dynamic power settings mode
Under power cap settings, make sure power cap value and percentage is mentioned under watts and percentage.

https://h50146.www5.hpe.com/products/software/oe/linux/mainstream/support/whitepaper/pdfs/4AA5-4240ENW.pdf - Page 3 -4

Regards

Sr

I am a HPE Employee

Accept or Kudo

mysy
Valued Contributor

My ML110 G9 with RPS power supply also not display power meter value. Already use SPP 2020.09 update iLO and bios.

Snap5.jpg

I use same model HPE 750W Common Slot Gold Hot Plug Power Supply Kit 512327-B21 as quickspecs document request.

Snap6.jpg

mysy
Valued Contributor

Hi your ml110 g9  RPS power supply is install by order or your upgrade in later? Why your 750w power supply is not same parts as the quickspecs ?