1752297 Members
4902 Online
108786 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: ML110 RAID driver conflict with USB devices during setup

svend_2
Occasional Contributor

ML110 RAID driver conflict with USB devices during setup

I'm tring to use an ML110 with Symantec Livestate recovery server and the embeded array controller in RAID1 mode.
When I boot the Livestate CD I press F6 to load the RAID driver. For this I need the USB FDD (HP) attached, this bit works. I also have a USB hard disk (Lacie) attached which contains the image that I will recover from. Once the OS comes up I get into the Livestate console I cannot see either of the USB devices (FDD or HDD).
I installed a 6 Port SATA RAID card (HP) and I have no problems seeing USB devices.

Curious and annoying,
Svend.
6 REPLIES 6
Malc_2
Advisor

I would check to see how the USB devices are configured in the BIOS. I.e. Are they enabled etc.
Brian_Murdoch
Honored Contributor

Svend,

If this is a ML110 G1 server and you go into the BIOS Avanced settings, you can disable USB2.0 mode. This might help.

There are other settings in the BIOS in Advanced/USB Configuration/USB Mass Storage which might also have an effect.

Regards,

Brian
svend_2
Occasional Contributor

USB devices are enabled and visible within BIOS.
Driver can be read from FDD during windows startup (using F6 option). After that no USB devices are visible.

svend_2
Occasional Contributor

Oh, also this is a G3.

Shall try going backwards to USB1.0 when I have sonme time to kill.

Thanks for the suggestion

Svend.

svend_2
Occasional Contributor

This article really only reinforces my belief that the ML110G3 has some USB issues

In the article the author claims that floppy disk drive part number 19308803-48 fixed the problem. I am using part number 19308803-49. How close can you get.

Besides don't see the relevance of this article to the specific nature of the issue I am having - especially given that there are other USB devices involved.

Besides, why should it only work with HP branded USB devices anyway - is it not USB compatible?
Perhaps HP USB is a different kind of USB to everyone elses.

Svend.