1748285 Members
3988 Online
108761 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: ML110 SNMP Management Agents. HOW?

Vadim.Ivashkin
Advisor

ML110 SNMP Management Agents. HOW?

Dear friends, I want to monitor the server via Old Compaq Insight Manager(it's local on BDE, w/o SQLServer), which I use to monitor all our 90 different HP/Compaq servers. But I can not even install HP Management Agents from 7.70 Support Pack. the installer cp006665.exe abuses like this:
The installation program couldn't find the appropriate system management controller driver which is required but is not currently installed. Please install the appropriate system management controller driver and then rerun the setup program.
3 REPLIES 3
David Claypool
Honored Contributor

ProLiant 100 Series servers do not provide advanced management capabilities available for ProLiant 300 and above. The PSP is not provided for these systems.
Vadim.Ivashkin
Advisor

You mean, there's no way to install SNMP agents on the System? just for monitoring.
Sorry, but i can not believe that, because even desktops like dc5100 have appropriate snmp agents. And however cheap this server - it's SERVER netherless, and monitoring for any server is a necessary thing.
David Claypool
Honored Contributor

http://h10010.www1.hp.com/wwpc/pscmisc/vac/us/en/sm/proliant/ml110g4-qanda.html#3

"The 100 series will offer a limited suite of options and leverage the various operating system enabled manageability features."