cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ML110 g5 raid unrecoverable error

ZdenekH
Occasional Visitor

ML110 g5 raid unrecoverable error

I have a problem with ML110 g5 SATA RAID Unrecoverable Errors with Samsung HE753LJ RAID harddisks, every time when I try to build RAID 1 array under BIOS I obtain this error message with different LBA addresses in red window and RAID build stops, in S.M.A.R.T. status the number of relocated sectors increases. All Samsung drive tests are repeatedly OK, when I many time tried to format, verify, surface test etc. the disk in another computer, there were no errors and S.M.A.R.T. info remained unchanged. This happens with combinations of 5 different disks of the same type on two different ML110 G5 servers. Any idea or known issue, please?
3 REPLIES
Johan Guldmyr
Honored Contributor

Re: ML110 g5 raid unrecoverable error

I would start looking at the storage controller first.. firmware issues etc. Odd with these errors though, might be that it's just a faulty cable too that's causing the issue.

Have you tried to move the cable from the OK computer?
Do you have an extra controller in or are you using the one on the system board?
I would for a start update the firmware on it..
ZdenekH
Occasional Visitor

Hello, thanks for the answer, we use built-in RAID controller, BIOS and RAID firmware is up to date according to HP web, unrecoverable errors while building the RAID array occured on two independent servers of the same type, ML110 G5, one of them with 750 GB Samsung HE753LJ disks and the second one with 1 TB Samsung HE103UJ disks. Servers, cables, disks, etc. are different, similarities are the model of the server, usage of the chipset RAID controller and the manufacturer of HDDs.
Johan Guldmyr
Honored Contributor

Okay, don't know of any known issues but looks like you're on track there..