ProLiant Servers (ML,DL,SL)
1753577 Members
6305 Online
108796 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: ML110 keeps crashing - Help

James.Parker.BSTC

ML110 keeps crashing - Help

My ML110 G6 has now crashed 3 times in 3 months and would not reboot (it got as far as the phoenix bios screen no further. Each time a bios reset has fixed the problem and the server reboots fine (the first time I called out a service engineer who actually changed the motherboard, but that would have included a bios reset! Subsequently the call centre talked me through it.

This is not acceptable - does anyone know how to fix the problem.
4 REPLIES 4
Suman_1978
HPE Pro

Hi,
Please give us more detail, did the server crash and gave any Blue screen of death (Windows OS)?
BIOS reset, do you mean, clearing NVRAM ?

Have you tried upgrading BIOS to the latest?
The latest BIOS Version: 2010.09.06 (30 Sep 2010)

I work for HPE.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]

Accept or Kudo

James.Parker.BSTC

Bios was upgraded by your technician in November

The first time it crashed it just turned itself off. On attempted reboot I got the HP splash screen then the phoenix bios screen then nothing. Resetting the bios fixed the problem (in the bios setup screen f10)

The second time I turned it off for maintainance and then the same problem on reboot. Resetting the bios fixed the problem.

The third time the network card stopped working for no apparent reason. I attempted a reboot, same problem. Resetting the bios fixed it.
Suman_1978
HPE Pro

Hi,

If the system board has been replaced for the same issue and if new system board also has same problem, I would suggest check the System board configuration switch.

This switch has 6 small switches.
Switch 1 = Configuration reset
Switch 2 = BIOS recovery
By default these switches should be in OFF position.

You can check this if you are comfortable.

I work for HPE.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]

Accept or Kudo

James.Parker.BSTC

I checked the switches, they are all UP which I presume is off.

Today the network connection stopped again - had to reboot to get it going.

Not impressed so far what are HP going to do about it please?