7722 Online
108808 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: ML110 onboard sata raid trying to install 2003

chongkan
Trusted Contributor

Freeware: www.nliteos.com

Include teh driver into teh Windows Installation CD and you'll be fixed..

Pretty easy to use.
Juan Luis Trelles

Thanks a lot, problem is fixed, i luv nlite ^^
chongkan
Trusted Contributor

So, where are my points dude?
Thomas Beckingham
Occasional Advisor

i have the exact same problem as bill except mine is a G4, after initially not being able to even build a raid array I've done that, but now I've tried everything that has been suggested in this thread and I still have had no success, it still asks for Adaptec SATA Driver v1.00 when its about to start copying files in the win2k3 install, either using the usb floppy or using n-lite to slipstream them in. Nothing has worked for me. This server is going back if its not resolved by Monday, Its been a week of problems with this thing =(
chongkan
Trusted Contributor

There are basically 3 major reasons why the installation might keep asking for drivers once it starts copying files to the HDD:

1- Floppy is defective or wasn't formatted in Complete Formatt Mode.

2- USB device is not 100% compatible with the server. ( Is an unsupported option )

3- You're using the wrong driver..

Since you even tried with nlite I suppose you're using the wrong driver version...

http://h18023.www1.hp.com/support/files/server/us/download/26742.html
Thomas Beckingham
Occasional Advisor

chongkan thanks for the reply, well I had tried that driver, which is why it doesn't make sense to me :(
chongkan
Trusted Contributor

John Murfett

I'm very disappointed that HP did not include the embedded SATA RAID drivers on the provided Windows Server 2003 disk. I bought this machine bundelled with WIndows Server 2003 because it was (and still is) advertised as "Integrated 4 port SATA controller with embedded RAID".

However, as this discussion thread shows, this is not really true. It took me about 5 hours to work out how to get this working, and the install process is not as user friendly as the non-RAID one.

I suggest you either include the drivers, or remove the RAID claim from the marketing information.