1752844 Members
3767 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

ML110 onboard sata raid trying to install 2003

bill conway

ML110 onboard sata raid trying to install 2003

Hello all,

There is no floppy and supposedly this system wont use the HP setup disk so I'm forced to use usb floppy. It sees the floppy with F6 option in setup of 2003. it sees the driver and installs it, but then quickly prompts for the driver again in drive A, but does not look for the floppy so forced to press F3 to exit install. Any ideas. I tried the newest and the driver on the cd

thank you
17 REPLIES 17
KiranKumar_2
Frequent Advisor

Re: ML110 onboard sata raid trying to install 2003

Hi Bill,

If you are using ML110G3 server, you need to use 1.44 MB USB Diskette Drive Optional Part Number: DC361B
bill conway

Thanks for quick responce,

I used another usb floppy. The one you are referring to I was told that is not instock and wont be available for 2 weeks. I even changed the setting int he bios to force the usb floppy to emulate the a drive (something like that) It first sees it and istalls the device but within a minute is requests the floppy again (of which it cant see now)
RGP
Frequent Advisor

Some drivers that Windows 2003 loads affects USB 2.0 devices, hence try Disabling the USB 2.0 on the BIOS and the server will recognize the drivers

After installing the OS, please re enable the USB 2.0 again
RGP
Frequent Advisor

Get into the Bios of the Server by pressing F10 and the USB Mass Storage option has to be set to Floppy in order for the Windows installation to search for the additional Mass Storage Device Drivers and extra files needed in the USB floppy drive.

The option in the BIOS is located under Advanced / USB configuration / USB Mass Storage.

bill conway

Thankyou for the response. I did already have usb set to floppy adn then i tried floppy fdd and still nothing. I also tried to turn off usb 2.0

It appears that i can get all the way to creat a partition and format a disk. But then it quickly prompts me for this

Insert the disk labeled

Adaptec embedded serial ata hostraid driver ver 6.00 for 2000/XP/2003 into drive a:

press any key when ready

I press and it does not read the floppy

I also try the driver that came on the G3 cd and i get a slightly different driver message
Insert the disk labeled

Adaptec SATA driver ver 6100 for 2000/XP/2003 into drive a:

press any key when ready

I am using a Samsumg usb floppy it does have an HP part number on it. Is this my problem?? Should I have to wait the 2 weeks for the HP USB floppy to come into stock and other that one??

thank you so much

Andrew Rutter
Honored Contributor

bill,

I came across a problem like yours before, when i had a usb dat drive installed aswell.

I had to remove the other usb device and then it worked ok, through the installation and then i had to reconnect the dat drive afterwards.

it was a work around? dont know if you have anything else connected to the usb?

one other suggestion i came across but never tried it was to create custom install cd with the driver installed.

cannot find the exact link on the forum, but this was the bulk of it

Solution (this goes for any SATA or F6 RAID drivers)

1. Make a folder on a working PC called XPsource
2. Copy all of the contents of your XP installer disk to that folder
3. Use nlite (http://www.nliteos.com/)to re-construct a new installer disk to include the SATA Raid drivers supplied (follow the instructions in nlite, very easy)
4. install without the need for F6
5. Jobs a good un.

Andy
sandeep_raman
Honored Contributor

Hello bill,

Try slipstreaming SP1 into 2003 and check if it loads the sata driver.

SRH
bill conway

I will try both. But what I find odd is: I am doing a very standard install on a brand new HP ML110 G3 with the most common OS out there. I have nothing but 2 sata hards in the box. Should it be this difficult? There must be write up this that clearly states that you ahve to use the USB drive from HP only or that there is anohter way like explained on this board.

Again,

thank you so much for answering my posts You guys are GREAT
Juan Luis Trelles

My problem is once installing windows 2003 sbs, when i insert the floppy with the drivers for the embedded sata raid, the windows installation sais to me that "the first line of the INF file is not valid". I've tried to download other drivers from hp support web page but another error appear, "unable to find the txtsetup.oem file in the floppy". I dont know hot to do, i hope u can help me.