ProLiant Servers (ML,DL,SL)
1753856 Members
7518 Online
108808 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: ML110G3 MS SBS Std Installation on embedded SATA problems

Jonas Eliasson

ML110G3 MS SBS Std Installation on embedded SATA problems

Im trying to install MS SBS Standard on the ML110G3 and during setup im asked to provide the SATA drivers on a floppy. This is done through an USB floppy. The setup loads the drivers withput any problems and i'm allowed to make partitions and formating the drive.

The server is configured w two similar HP original 80GB SATA disks, configured as an RAID1.

Configuration of partition and formating is no problems, i only use one partition of 73 something GB and the formatting works fine.

After setup has finished copying files i'm asked again to provide the drivers for the SATA controler, by inserting a floppy in to drive A:. This does not work, when pressing enter nothing happens on the floppy drive. I have tried different USB ports with no other result. The floppy is recognized in BIOS, i can boot from it but i cant load the drivers a second time. I have tried with disabling USB2 capability with no result.

I have tried to load the drivers to a USB memory with no other result and i cant connect an real floppy either since there is no floppy port on the motherboard.

I'm kind of stuck here so i would appriciate any help.
12 REPLIES 12
murthy_3
Frequent Advisor

Hi,

One of my colleagues is seeing a similar issue.

He tried to set up the server in a non-RAID configuration using the same controller and driver, the installation proceeds ok and the driver loads from the USB without any issues.

Can you please try this and let us know if the same happens that way I can elevate this issue?

Regds,
Murthy
stephane monpeurt

Seems that W2Ksp4 is better to drive USB floppy rather than W2Ksp3 ; anyway it fixes the problem with my ML110G3.
Terry Hutchings
Honored Contributor

I believe it is dependant on the usb floppy drive being used. Can you try a different brand?
The truth is out there, but I forgot the URL..
stephane monpeurt

no I'm sorry but I can't. The only floppy I got is TEAC.
Sebastian Valdes

I have the same problem with a new ML110 G3 server and using a Sony USB floppy drive.
Srdjan_2
Advisor

I have same problem...but even worse. When i start SBS installation on ml110g3 and use f6 to load official hp sata raid driver for ml110g3 setup loads driver but then it cannot detect any disk drives when it comes to working with disk, just like driver is not good?! I tried regular w2k3 and w2k also but same happens with any windows. I tried different drivers too and still the same. Does anyone knows solution, i also use usb floppy, i am stucked with that and ml110g3 are just coming and coming...

Tanx

Srkey
stephane monpeurt

Could you try a raid FW upgrade (or downgrade if last) ?
Victor Pariona

Hi, I'm very interested to know if you solve your problem, I'm having just the same problem installing Windows 2000 Server in a Proliant ML110G3 with SCSI Controller, I'm trying 6 days to make it work and I'm desperate to find a solution for this issue.

Thanks

Paul
Joshua Small_2
Valued Contributor

We had the same issue.
We found the best fix was to make a slipstream windows install CD. A good (free) product to automate this is here:

http://www.nliteos.com/

Use this, create yourself a Windows CD which has the HP driver built in.

We have found having one such CD invaluable, because anytime you need to repair something, floppies containing drivers always seem to be either lost or have failed.