1753301 Members
6753 Online
108792 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

ML115 Fan Speed

AndyH-UK

ML115 Fan Speed

I've just installed my new ML115 G5. Everything is fine with it expect for the fan speed. Both the rear fan and the CPU fan are running flat out all the time. This wouldn't bother me if it was based in a server room, but I intend to use it as a virtual box at home, so it's far too loud!

I've installed all the drivers necessary, including the Advanced Systems Management Controller driver and the latest PSP, but nothing either slows the fans or gives me the option to.

I'd appreciate some advice, or this thing is going straight on ebay and I'm buying another super-quiet ML110!

Thanks.
5 REPLIES 5
Msuk_1
Occasional Advisor

Re: ML115 Fan Speed

Hello,

Did you solve this problem as I am experiencing the same and it is driving me mad.

Thanks
Msuk
AndyH-UK

It turned out to be a motherboard fault. HP support sent me a replacement out to install.

Just give them a call. Was very impressed with the level of service.
majiduk

Hi andy,

Did u face any 005 CMOs Checksum errors. I have 2 ML115 G5 that i bought from the same supplier, On one of them after having installed W2k8 SBS the fans run flat out hitting 5000-5999.

I just got a CMOS error on the second machine too i do not wish to go through a windows install to learn the fans screw up on this too.

Were you sent new motherboard or some other hardware etc?
majiduk

hi oki CMOS error is due to an old firmware. Now that i upgraded the firmware to the one on the support drivers page, The fans go out of control. Seems like a rompaq issue.
majiduk

Oki,

After running a bios upgrade to 07/06/2009 the fan kicks in this is resolved by upgrading the ILO firmware from 3.05 to 3.11 even though you do not have a ILO card installed.

I did this on both my ML115 and superquiet now!!Finally.

resource: http://forums11.itrc.hp.com/service/forums/questionanswer.do?threadId=1361154