5488 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: ML115 G5 RAID Management Tool for W2K8 x64

Richard Theo
Advisor

brilliant well done.

is it safe for me to install on a live server with a BIOS configured RAID pair without killing it ?

Thanks

Richard
KarloChacon
Honored Contributor

I installed it.
I only installed the RAID monitor tool not any other stuff you get the menu to choose

it will install and request a reboot and that's it.

no problems at all
Didn't your momma teach you to say thanks!
Richard Theo
Advisor

Ok - i took a risk and installed it. Actually the version i used (from tyan) didn't give any options other than (a)network and (b) mediashield. So i just ticked mediashield. It installs new drivers and the nvidia RAID management software. I have to say i closed my eyes and prayed at this point ! But sure enough a few minutes later it was rebooted and working perfectly. I now have full windows visibility of the RAID pair via the Nvidia console including the ability to migrate the RAID array, add/remove drives etc, view SMART info for the individual drives etc. In device manager the storage controllers have changed to an Nvidia nForce RAID Controller and 3 instances of an Nvidia NForce Serial ATA controller.

Hope it helps.

Why oh why can't HP provide this themselves. It would have saved me several days work.
KarloChacon
Honored Contributor

glad that worked for you

no idea why HP has not released that in fact I thought the Embedded manager software would work I was wrong until I deployed my own server in the lab
Didn't your momma teach you to say thanks!
Paolo borri

Hello
i have find the raidtool.zip.
but hao i have to do to install?
i have try install on the root but there's only driver
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

I am just going through the same thing. I am appalled that HP is shipping without the drivers and without the instructions for W2K8x64.

Question: did you have to choose between bootable raid and non-bootable raid? I did not come across the option in the raid set up bios utility. so I'm wondering because shouldn't there be?

thanks for your replies!
u84823
Regular Advisor

HP support for these servers is non-existant unfortunately. They even STILL have bad drivers for Win2k3 for download (cause BSOD on writing to optical device).
Anonymous
Not applicable

By the way, my set up was successful. I did not have the option between bootable and non-bootable anywhere.
OS shows one hard drive, the nvidia tool shows two hard drives, one healthy raid.
Only the smart self test takes very long. How long is it supposed to take?
GarethShark
Occasional Advisor

26 Nov 2009

Just thought I'd update this thread I've encountered the same problem on a ML115 G5 server.

BE WARNED: I downloaded the nvidia file above and received a BSOD for my efforts!

I extracted the file instead (as well as a newer nvidia driver v9.28) and neither would pick up the RAID Array in Server 2008 F6 post install. Only the HP ML115 Nvidia storage driver would recognise the array.

In the end and I managed to get the RAID tool to install by doing the following:

1) Extract the HP ML115 Nvidia storage driver and copy all files within: RAID_10.3.54.10_S2K8_64\2008_64\RAID_10.3.54.10_S2K8_64
Select All and Copy.

2)Download and extract the nvidia 9.28 driver.
Source:
http://www.nvidia.co.uk/object/nforce_pro3000_winserver2008_x64_9.28_uk.html

3) Paste the copied files from step 1) in to:
9.28_nforce_winserv2008_64bit_english_whql\IDE\WinVista64\sata_ide

and

9.28_nforce_winserv2008_64bit_english_whql\IDE\WinVista64\sataraid

4) Run the setup.exe in
9.28_nforce_winserv2008_64bit_english_whql

The 9.28 RAID TOOL installer will run - and install the already existing HP working Raid Storage drivers!

I rebooted and no BSOD. Ran the Nvidia Raid Tool and it all seems to be working!

Hope this helps someone out there.