ProLiant Servers (ML,DL,SL)
1752695 Members
5387 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: ML115 G5 and loud fan

Daniel Harman

Is there anyway to install this update without a USB key of miniscule size? It won't boot off my 4 gig sandisk cruzer and I really don't see why I should have to buy some ancient small USB key to remedy a problem caused by their poor testing and inability to boot off a modern USB key size.

Extremely irritated as this server is in my home test lab.
Sahalu
Occasional Advisor

Thanks guys for all the good work.

My ML150 G6 is still too loud even after the ROMPAQ update. In fact haven't noticed any difference at all.

Wonder how HP would ship something this loud! It is in a home lab and having any quite conversation or making a phone call in the same room as the server is pretty challenging. A Dell machine is also sitting in the room, but you would never know it is on and I have NO over heating problem at all, so I wonder why a fan has to be this loud!

Fortunately the machine is barely two weeks old, so I am shipping it back to HP - that is unless they can fix the problem. Will keep you guys posted if we find a solution.
Ran Hooper
Occasional Advisor

Daniel,
I used a 16GB Sandisk Cruzer Contour. Worked fine. I think I had to manually put the ROMPAQ on the stick but it formatted and booted correctly.
Ran Hooper
Occasional Advisor

Sahalu,
You did do the ILO firmware too right?
CantoMan

It Works ..  Muchas Gracias x el tip.Thnks a lot! 

Firmware Upgrade for HP ProLiant ML115 G5\ML150 G5\ML110 G5\DL180 G5\DL120 G5 Lights-Out 100 Remote Management (For USB Key-Media) Firmware 3.11