cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ML115 G5 setup problem

icargill
Occasional Contributor

ML115 G5 setup problem

I have a Proliant ML115 G5. I have added a SATA drive to the first SATA port, and am now trying to configure it, but I keep getting told there is no controller.
If I go into BIOS, I can see the drive listed against the SATA port. Also, I ran the HP Insight Diagnostics from the CD, and it showed the drive and tested it OK.
But when I go to the CD Easy Setup home page, it says "The primary controller configured in your system is not supported by this version of Easy Setup CD"

Trouble is, I can't see what the problem is, or how I change the controller config so that it IS recognised.

I tried (as suggested by the 'Help' page) to manually install the OS (Win 2003 Server), but it says there is no Hard Drive found!!
3 REPLIES
Michal Kapalka (mikap)
Honored Contributor

Re: ML115 G5 setup problem

hi,

you need to load the driver from FDD during the Windows installation ( F6 ) switch.

mikap
Michal Kapalka (mikap)
Honored Contributor

hi,

check this link :

ML110 G3 - load RAID driver without floppy

http://forums11.itrc.hp.com/service/forums/bizsupport/questionanswer.do?threadId=985666

hope it will help you.

mikap
icargill
Occasional Contributor

Which drivers? RAID?? Does this imply that RAID is turned on, or something.

I just wanted to install the OS on a single, non-RAID 80Gb C: drive.

I was then intending to install a pair of 2Tb SATA drives, either in RAID (if possible) or mirrored with synch software if not.