1753435 Members
4591 Online
108794 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: ML115 G5

rodger myles
Advisor

ML115 G5

I had a Install disc when this unit arrived but there was a note that said this disk should not be used for RAID configurations. This leaves me with no software to load to support the unit and there does not seem to be any support pack on the appropriate download page. I have fumbled and installed a RAID 1 but need advice as to what software packages are available.

Anyone advise?
5 REPLIES 5
Jan Soska
Honored Contributor

hello,
what exactly do you need? Configure array before installing OS?

Jan
cnb
Honored Contributor

Hi Rodger,

You didn't indicate which O/S you're running.

Start here:

http://h20338.www2.hp.com/enterprise/cache/589467-0-0-0-121.html

Rgds,
rodger myles
Advisor

Sorry, SBS 2008 R2.
rodger myles
Advisor

To respond to Jan, I have managed to configure 3 partitions from SBS install but the last 2 seem to be RAW and not NFTS. How would I change those?

Secondly, during the process of configuring RAID, I ended up with what seemed to be a permanant "Rebuild" state indicated if I went into the BIOS (F10) during the boot phase. I want to know if this is a problem because I have seen "Healthy" or "Ready" before now. Is the "RAW" perhaps preventing rebuild so will go away when corrected to NTFS?

PS note that I am due to reinstall SBS 2008 again to deal with a domain issue so want to get it right this time. I want 3 partitions @ 120GByte for OS, 350GByte for Data and the rest for backups. Many thanks.
Jan Soska
Honored Contributor

ahh, I am still lettle bit lost - do you have running OS already? Do you see your 3 luns under disk management?

jan