108758 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: ML115 Windows 2008 Foundation Edition

SOLVED
Go to solution
Mr Richard Scales
Occasional Advisor

ML115 Windows 2008 Foundation Edition

Can anyone point me to the 'missing' drivers (such as chipset) that have to be added following a manual installation of the server OS as the 'easy Setup' CD appears not to support Windows 2008 Foundation edition.
5 REPLIES 5
marcus1234
Honored Contributor
Solution

which generation server

which devices expand devmanager , posst screenshot,

on unknown devices expand properties and details so device instance can bee seen too..
also is ther any device not workinfg feks nic etc...

and i will look

This is how we thank in the forum

http://forums11.itrc.hp.com/service/forums/helptips.do?#33
Mr Richard Scales
Occasional Advisor

Thank you for your speedy response and the pointers it included - I should have posted more in the original post but desparation and frustration was clouding my abaility to think straight (or was it 2 hrs + on the phone to HP being told that whilst the server ML 115 G5 Was indeed supported with Windows 2K8 Foundation Edition - I would have to wait for the drivers to be released). As it turned out - all I needed to do was ask the question in a different way. I was looking for chipset drivers whereas if I had addressed it by looking at the actual drivers that were missing - I could have then learned that what I needed to do was load some HP Management drivers that were not actually in the Windows Foundation Edition section of their site but were readily available in the W2K8 x 64 edition section. So it is all solved. So thank you again for your speedy response - I will think more about the content of my next post!
Mr Richard Scales
Occasional Advisor

Slighty off topic - I have another post 'Subject: ML115 G5 Terminal Server Hangling' (yes it was a typo) which is still annoying me!
Anuar Obreg├│n
Frequent Advisor

Download most recent Easy setup CD then select Retail Windows Small Business 2008 X64 as operating system.

This trick does NOT work on R2.
Anuar Obreg├│n
Frequent Advisor

Download most recent Easy Setup CD and select Retail Windows Small Business Server 2008 X64 as operating system.

This trick does NOT work on R2.

Best regards.