108794 Solutions
New Discussion

ML115 disable on board grafic

Michael A. Weilke
Occasional Contributor

ML115 disable on board grafic

Hello,
I have a ML115 running fine with XP,
only trouble I have got, with the installed NVIDIA 7300LE with just working on a reboot.
It set´s up but with low res.

Is there any option to fix this??

Many thanks for your support
Michi
12 REPLIES 12
James ~ Happy Dude
Honored Contributor

Re: ML115 disable on board grafic

Dear Michael,

Could explain the issue bit more clearly ?

Is the server working fine with the Graphics card installed ? With low resolution ?

Did u install the Drivers for the Graphics Card ?

Or After a Reboot, it goes to a low resolution ?

Regards,
James.
Michael A. Weilke
Occasional Contributor

Hello,
installed is a NVIDIA 7300LE connected to a NEC 92Gx2 TFT via DVI cable! Driver is the newest NVDIA 162.18 driver.
When I boot the server the systems starts - connect to 7300LE in low res with 32Bit colordeepth. Under properties no Graficcard seems to be installed. It´s impossible to install the nvdia driver with add hardware.
When I restart the ML115 it recongnizes 7300LE with 512MB and best resultion.

I looked up in the BIOS there is no option to disable the grafic. I looked on the backside of the removeable cover for instruction, also nothing mentioned.

I have no spare grafic to check whether the card has an issue!!

BG MICHI
HP_Sammy
Trusted Contributor

Hey Mike,

I dont think so that u have an option in bios to disable emebeded vga it should auto disable the onboard vga but u can try updating the chipset driver follow link

http://h18023.www1.hp.com/support/files/server/us/download/26784.html

i know its for win 2003 server but u can try or else let me tell u chipset on server is Nvidia MCP55S PROS try searching for latest drivers

Cheers :)
nitesh bharadia
Occasional Advisor

Hi,
I have the same problem with even the same card! Did you find an answer?
Thanks

Nitesh
~sesh
Esteemed Contributor

Since Windows XP is not a supported OS by HP, you may not be able to find the drivers on the HP web site, so the driver support & video resolution may not be up to the expectations.

However, you could try installing the drivers for NVIDIA 7300LE directly from the NVIDIA web site.
http://www.nvidia.com/object/winxp_163.71.html

Or you could try:
http://www.rm.com/Support/GeneralDownload.asp?cref=DWN701045&nav=0&referrer=SupportHome

Good Luck!
nitesh bharadia
Occasional Advisor

Hi,
I believe the problem is that the server hardware doesn't properly recognise the card
When I do the install for the sw it says the card is not there.
I have tried Vista Ultimate 64, Win XP Pro 64 bit and will try standard XP next.
The server bios doesn't have an option to disable the internal video card even though the new card does display the picture when installed.

Thanks in advance for an ideas

My goal is to install Vista Ultimate 64 bit if possible

Nitesh
~sesh
Esteemed Contributor

Nitesh: does it indicate anything in the Device Manager? You could try disabling the onboard graphics inside Windows if it comes up in Device Manager. That may force the software to recognize the only graphics card NVIDIA 7300 LE.

Like I said, since the OS & even the add-on graphics card isn't a supported configuration by HP, the only things we can do are trial-and-error.

May be somebody else who got this kind of a setup to work would be the best person to answer.
nitesh bharadia
Occasional Advisor

Hi,
Thanks for the reply.

I am prepared to load a supported OS to test this out anyway. So I will try a Windows 2003 32 bit and later 64 bit version.

BUT I think the problem is with the hardware of the server not recognising the card properly.
The BIOS is an AMIBIOS and there is no option to disable the Video and also it is like the normal PC type bios and not your normal Proliant type setup.

I think this is the case because when you load the sw to install the card - the first screen states you don't have an adapter installed.
The card is a PCI-E 16 and is installed in the only slot that the ML115 has that supports this.
Michael A. Weilke
Occasional Contributor

Hello,
I found out that the Dimm´s were my Problem.
I mixed Kingston and original HP Dimm´s and this does not work. I took out HP´s module and now it´s working fine, even with a brand new 8800 GTS !!

Best regards Michi